Beyond Meat-Price Drop again!

I got an email from Beyond about that, and went online to check Walmart but didnt' see them. That is a good price, although I now find them at $3.99 a four pack at the discount store I shop and if I have $1 off coupons that's even better!
I really liked the pack of ground to use for things like an old time lasagna!
I do know many omnivores who really love these!

Now for those sausages though....lowest price I've seen is $5.99- but coupon applies to those too

Oops, no coupon this month! This 10 pack promotion is just for the week of June 22 (at least for now)

Reactions: Emma JC and David3
I got an email from Beyond about that, and went online to check Walmart but didnt' see them. That is a good price, although I now find them at $3.99 a four pack at the discount store I shop and if I have $1 off coupons that's even better!
I really liked the pack of ground to use for things like an old time lasagna!
I do know many omnivores who really love these!

Now for those sausages though....lowest price I've seen is $5.99- but coupon applies to those too

Oops, no coupon this month! This 10 pack promotion is just for the week of June 22 (at least for now)
My sister and mom and even my dad like them. The Beyond Burger is my favorite of the veggie burgers out there. I might have to splurge if I see these, hehe.

Reactions: Emma JC and David3
A certain ingredient makes meat taste different than other foods.

Heme is an iron-containing molecule in blood that carries oxygen. It's heme that makes your blood red and makes meat look pink and taste slightly metallic.

It's highly concentrated in red meat, but it can also be found in plants. And that was the trick to giving meat-free burgers that blood-pink look when raw and meaty taste once cooked.

A certain ingredient makes meat taste different than other foods.

Heme is an iron-containing molecule in blood that carries oxygen. It's heme that makes your blood red and makes meat look pink and taste slightly metallic.

It's highly concentrated in red meat, but it can also be found in plants. And that was the trick to giving meat-free burgers that blood-pink look when raw and meaty taste once cooked.
I know that taste! The times I've unknowlingly eaten meat bile immediately comes up in throat and the taste is just foul. Last time I picked up a sample that was labeled as marinated veggies. I thought it was cauliflower and had to spit it in my hand. It was chicken.
I completely understand new veg'ns not wanting things similar to meat, and I was one, but after time plant based things became quite attractive to me.
Foods I'd always eaten that were vegan were exempt. My sons and I have always preferred plant chik'n things

If we can stick to a good marketing and promotion plans plant based foods will become the norm sooner.
What I dislike is how it seems to avoid the vegan population, I've picked up plant based foods that are in the meat section and had to search the ingredient list as they avoided any indication that they were free of animal products. The term 'plant based' can just mean 'mostly'

Reactions: Ohzen
Plant based burgers have a different taste, I think they taste better. They don't smell or taste like a dead animal.