Best vegan rice pudding?

Anonymous1502

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Which milk do you think is best to make vegan rice pudding and what do you like to add to your rice pudding for flavour?
I found that Rude health almond milk and a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar gave the best result out of the things I tried.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
There are soooo many ways to make rice pudding! It's funny this came up as I was just wondering if Just Egg could make it like my grandmothers. She used eggs, or maybe just egg yolks, and it had a custard layer and a rice layer

I haven't liked any since going vegan, though I have recipes with coconut cream that sound good

Reactions: Anonymous1502
I have never made rice pudding as a vegan but I would imagine oat milk would be best. It's usually quite creamy compared to other plant milks.

I love for breakfast vegetarian rice pudding with almond milk: a few fresh berries at the top give this almond rice pudding its lovely touch. I also sometimes add sugar or cinnamon for flavor. By the way, I recently have discovered banana pudding. It's so delicious that I can't even describe it! I think everyone should taste it. I make banana pudding in 5 minutes, thanks to this recipe https://simplydelish.net/vegan-banana-pudding/. So I think even a child can make this pudding. Cooked puddings that are sold in supermarkets will never compare with those that you have prepared yourself.

This just got me thinking--cooked grains like steel cut or oat groats, or barley, naturally have that stickiness I would think would be condusive to making sweet puddings with non dairy milks. Not wanting to try any time soon, but just a thought

Reactions: KLS52
This just got me thinking--cooked grains like steel cut or oat groats, or barley, naturally have that stickiness I would think would be condusive to making sweet puddings with non dairy milks. Not wanting to try any time soon, but just a thought
This is making me want to put sweet rice in my oatmeal...

I tried a new rice pudding recipe yesterday. We don't usually have soy milk but we had some. 3 cups of soy milk, 2 cups cooked rice, blitz it with a hand blender, add 1 cup cooked rice, sweetener, cinnamon, cardamom, cook it for 10 minutes, spoon into cups with 2 cups chopped fruit, makes 4 servings. We added some cherry raspberry sauce, which made it really tart. Delicious.

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52