Best tofu to buy in the UK ?

I haven't seen much difference in price and/or taste.
Some of the Chinese brands aren't organic and/or non-GMO and are cheaper. but I don't buy those.

Here in the USA, all the organics are non-Gmo and vice-versa. I think that might be different in the UK

I prefer the "super firm" which is not packed in water. It is vacuum packed. Its a little more expensive but I bet it comes out to be the same cause you aren't paying for any water.

I like not having to press the water out. I also think the super firm is easier to cook with when you are making stir fy or crispy tofu. The firm is better for scambles and smoothies.

If you don't get the super firm put it in the freezer. Not only will it stay fresh longer but after you defrost it - it will be more firm. You can freeze the super firm but it doesn't change its consistency. It's already super firm. :)

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I agree with @Lou and only buy organic tofu. 👍

I'm not a huge fan of tofu and usually buy Caldron(organic) from Sainsbury's. I like their organic smoked tofu.:)

However there is a new brand called ToFoo Naked which seems to have excellent reviews. Apparently it is made according to the Japanese method(not too sure what the method is) and has a different texture compared to Chinese tofu.

Reactions: burritoboi