Best New (to me) Thing!

HungryPenguin

Munchee Chickadee
Reaction score
I generally try not to start more than 1 topic a day, but that was my intro post, and this is really awesome!

Today, while shopping at my local Kroger, I found a miracle. Vegan ice creams!! I know it doesn't sound miraculous but trust me it is! Amongst the varieties of So Delicious coconut ice cream (which I don't particularly care for), I found these little bits of heaven!

images

Delicious! If you haven't tried them yet, you really should! They're the best non-dairy frozen treat I have tried. Plus, I can tell myself it's healthy because of the almonds, right? ;)

Reactions: AlmandineSky
Those look delicious.

I'm loving Almond Breeze unsweetened & chocolate milk at the moment . They've only really recently become available in my waitrose. Yum.

Also Tesco's Free From garlic & herb cream 'cheese' - its so damn good. :)

Our year 6 students as part of their food tech cook members of staff a nice 2 course meal and my group made a veggie curry and served swedish glace for pudding!

they took the vanilla ice cream and added juice and zest of lemon and lime and then some icing sugar to mix in and it was *lovely*

We don't buy it often as it is high in fat...but sometimes you really need ice cream

Ooooo! I will have to keep a lookout for these.
I haven't tried much "fake" ice cream stuff, other than the little soy ice cream sandwiches.

I tried a few exciting things last night. Nayonaise makes a tartar sauce that is quite good. very pleased. Westwood? makes a garlic aioli sauce as well. both are very tasty and similar to the real thing. and have less processing than similar products. i also bought a Tofutti ricotta cheese and we shall use it in a lasagna. results in the future.

thumbs up on the Aioli sauce and the tartar. good times.

i also bought a Tofutti ricotta cheese and we shall use it in a lasagna. results in the future.

Yes, update on the lasagna, please. I tried the Tofutti ricotta and didn't really like it. I tasted it straight from the container. I probably should have made something with it but I threw it out instead. :( I've had great results with making tofu ricotta.

I discovered those Almond Dream Bites recently too. I usually don't care for ice cream because it's cold and I'm often cold and it makes my teeth hurt. Those bites are amazing! I always did like the hard chocolate cover on soft serve ice cream cones and these are just like that but in little bit size pieces. I ate the whole container in two days, and usually a pint of ice cream will last me six months or more, and I've been wanting more since. I haven't found them in my city so I'm waiting until I go to Seattle again to get another container.

Yes, update on the lasagna, please. I tried the Tofutti ricotta and didn't really like it. I tasted it straight from the container. I probably should have made something with it but I threw it out instead. :( I've had great results with making tofu ricotta.

I've read reviews and 95% of them said the same thing. Straight out of the container it was nasty , but it was pretty impressive when cooked with something. Although not worth the price since homemade tofu ricotta is just as tasty.

I've read reviews and 95% of them said the same thing. Straight out of the container it was nasty , but it was pretty impressive when cooked with something. Although not worth the price since homemade tofu ricotta is just as tasty.
agreed. i find that Tofutti sour cream is good in burritos and such, but alone has an aftertaste.

making it is smarter, but with busy times this is a nice alternative. or hopefully will be....

Jammie Dodgers are the best new to me thing. I've been eating them like they're going out of fashion since I heard they're vegan. Not sure why as I didn't really eat them much when I was vegetarian, but hey ho...