Best healthy sweeteners?

not vegan, but I think Honey is at the top of the list.
I used to buy it, even after I became vegan for a variety of reasons but over time I stopped mostly because I rarely used it anyway.

not my favorite but I have a little bottle of agave syrup that I use when a recipe requires sugar.

• Angry
Reactions: silva and Emma JC
Thank you very much!

Does one have to wash (dried) dates?

How could one evaluate xylitol?

I haven't watched the video. What are the "only two healthy sweeteners?"

I've never had erythritol. I have maple syrup and agave on hand.
And I sometimes have dates.
I'm also heartened to see Stevia on the list.
When I quit drinking beer I started drinking soda as sort of an emotional crutch. now I drink no more than one Zevia Ginger Root Beer a day. And Zevia is sweeter with Stevia.

Most dates I find are fresh. I mostly buy medjool, and often make a paste of blending dates with some water.
I buy date paste from an oriental mart hoping it is exactly the same as whole dates. Just in a different state.

They removed the video from nutritionfacts.org!
OK. I wonder why. Many thanks for the new one.

They are, the most healthy ones, Dates and Blackstrap Melasse (with an apparently strong taste of its own, but I love licorice).

From the information I found, xylitol actually appears to be safe.

I've never had erythritol. I have maple syrup and agave on hand.
And I sometimes have dates.
When I quit drinking beer I started drinking soda as sort of an emotional crutch. now I drink no more than one Zevia Ginger Root Beer a day. And Zevia is sweeter with Stevia.
Dates and blackstrap molasses. He had a video on it on nutritionfacts.org but it has since been removed. His stance hadn't changed though.

Dates and blackstrap molasses. He had a video on it on nutritionfacts.org but it has since been removed. His stance hadn't changed though.
Oh I once bought some. blackstrap molasses for making vegan baked beans. I really didn't like the flavor that it imparted.
guess I'll go buy some more dates.

Oh I once bought some. blackstrap molasses for making vegan baked beans. I really didn't like the flavor that it imparted.
guess I'll go buy some more dates.
I actually got used to the taste--my son really likes it. I have a big jar and meant to add to my oatmeal. It's high in iron and calcium, funny,but the organic one is not, neither are fortified 🤔

I actually got used to the taste--my son really likes it. I have a big jar and meant to add to my oatmeal. It's high in iron and calcium, funny,but the organic one is not, neither are fortified 🤔
not sure if mine is still good but if so I'll try it in oatmeal. maybe I, too can get used to it.
I've been buying baked beans - in the can- the vegetarian ones. but I wouldn't mind making my own.

ah yes, I forgot about molasses - I don't think of it as a sweeten-er I think of it as an mineral-er hehe - I do use it 3 times a week in my oatmeal and love it - it tastes bland, to me, without it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15