Bean Vegan Cuisine

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I absolutely love this restaurant. They opened up recently (latter part of 2012) and now have their act together. They now have a full menu, a website and some really great food. Everything is vegan, of course, and their menu points out gluten free options.

The type of food is contemporary American staples with a few ethnic twists. They offer a selection of burgers, sandwiches, plates, salads, starters, sides and desserts. Specifically, on the menu, you will find things like a Reuben, tofu finger sandwich, meatloaf, jackfruit tacos, quesadilla, fried pickles(!), buffalo fingers, bacon cheeseburger, crabbie cakes, etc. So far, I have tried about 80% of the menu and have loved everything. For their mock meats, they mostly use a lunch loaf (it is a home made seitain made with Great Northern beans), battered & deep fried tofu or a soy-based burger. They don't have much rabbit food. It's mostly comfort food, which I do not mind one bit.

Don't take my word for it that this place is good. My mom (an omni) was amazed at how good the bacon cheeseburger tasted. We both think it's one of the best burgers we have ever tasted. And the fried pickles appetizer is quickly becoming a requirement when I walk in the door. It is served with a ranch style dip.

Pricing... it's not a cheap place to eat, but it's not too expensive. Starters are $6.50; salads are $7.50; sandwiches are $8.50; burgers are $9.50; plates are $12.00 and sides are $2.50. With sandwiches and burgers, you get a choice of one side dish; with a plate of food, you get 2 side dishes. I compare it to a nearby Ruby Tuesday that offers a bland tasting veggie burger that costs $9.00. For an extra 50 cents, I'd much rather eat Bean's veggie burger. And you also get the peace of mind that your food is being cooked on a nice, clean vegan grill.

If you are ever in the Charlotte area, I definitely recommend stopping by Bean.