Ask not what VV can do for you ...

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
... but ask what you can do for VV! And if you don't know the answer to that question, here are conveniently a couple of ideas for you :)
  • "Like" our Facebook page
  • "Recommend" this site on Facebook or "+1" the site on Google Plus. (There are Facebook "recommend" buttons and Google Plus "+1" buttons on every page here.)
  • Add in a URL and description of VV in your signature on other boards.
  • Tweet about VV
  • If you have a blog or web page, you can write a piece about VV and include our URL
  • If you think there is a topic we haven't covered yet, start a thread!
  • Add your favourite recipes to the recipe forum
  • Be kind and welcoming to our new members
If you have any other ideas, feel free to mention them in this thread!

Unfortunately, while the activity here is high and we have a really nice environment, our visibility on the Internet is quite low. For our long-term survival we need to attract more members from more than just that one other board. We have managed to get a few from elsewhere already - let's try and get many more!

Quick question. When someone "likes" something on FB, can the identity of the liker be identified?

Also, for kicks and giggles, I Googled "vegetarian forum". Of course VB was on top, and a couple of others that I recognized.

VV unfortuntely wasn't on the first page. I understand there are a few "tricks" that can be used to get a webite listed closer to the top. One in particular is to type a key word(s) repeatedly on the site. Hidden from normal view, of couse. It's an old trick though...Google may not select by that criteria anymore.

Quick question. When someone "likes" something on FB, can the identity of the liker be identified?
I don't think it identifies your VV username in any way, if that's what you mean. Your Facebook wall will show that you liked the page, and the VV FB page will show a list of everyone who have clicked to "like" it.

"Recommending" the site works in a similar way, except then you recommend a URL directly to this web site (not our FB page). And you can recommend individual threads if you want to, not just the front page.