Life Sciences Are Humans Meant to Eat Meat? Humans Vs. Carnivores

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
an oldie but goodie: one of my early videos addressing the infernal "but we have canines" comment ;)

are we humans meant to eat meat? what are the differences between humans and true carnivores? this video addresses simply our biological/physiological and psychological capacity/design for eating meat.

some differences explored in this video (not a full list):
1. Tongues
2. Births
3. Mammary Glands
4. Sleep
5. Perspiration
6. Drinking
7. Jaw Movement
8. Dental Formula
9. Claws
10. Diet pH
11. Intestinal Length
12. Microbial Tolerance
13. Fat Tolerance
14. Uricase
15. Natural Appetite

Who claims that humans are carnivores? The question isn't whether humans are carnivores, but rather they are herbivores or omnivores. If one was going to do a serious comparative anatomy you'd want to look at other omnivorous animals - especially those animals that are closely related to us.

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan
Who claims that humans are carnivores? The question isn't whether humans are carnivores, but rather they are herbivores or omnivores. If one was going to do a serious comparative anatomy you'd want to look at other omnivorous animals - especially those animals that are closely related to us.
this is very true and something i want to do in the future. this video was more a response the the ridiculous "but we have canines!" debate. it was an extreme comparison to show the absurdity of it all. but yes i do need to do one on omnivorous animals.