Apparently I'm a misantropic creep

Gaspard

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

beforewisdom wrote:​

"seen plenty of misanthropic creeps like you before. You aren't a vegan, as you don't feel compassion. You joined a movement you have superficial similarity to through your eating habits and tokenisms you parrot. Setting you on ignore."

because I don't like domesticated cats to mass murder wild animals. He even said that I don't feel any compassion. So I reported his post. Well I regret that I did report this crap. After all that was some sort of heroic move.

I went to the slaughter house when I was a teen. And I felt compassion. I wached many slaughterhous footage and it made me cry. So How is it possible that beforewisdom got a heart and a thumb up (from KLS52 and Silva) for this obnoxious post he made?

I DON'T LIKE CATS MASS KiLLING ANIMALS OK? And I feel compassion. OK?

Obviously my threat cats : a love and hate relashionship was closed because it was controversial. Being true to my heart I wrote that I felt some hatred towards the murderers. Yes domesticated cats kill on a massive scale and are destroying ecosystems. And people didn't like me writing that. why the hell is the last post of this discussion a coward attack on my character?

That is disgusting. You can ban me from this forum. I feel like puking. Also where is Nekodaiden? Why was he banned? I quite liked him.
Yea. Ban me please. I don't understand American rethoric. And this forum is dominated by American politically correct censorship. But I don't understand that.

Bye guys.

Honestly I'd like to be banned because I hate when cats mass kill small animals.

Ciao. see you in hell.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FlandersOD
I wouldn't worry about it so much. When you participate in a political thread (like the conservative/liberal divide thread), it's almost inevitable that someone will sternly disagree with you. That's why people avoid discussing politics and religion at parties.

I’m pretty sure I tried to explain my take on it and pretty sure I pulled back a bit on my strong criticism of your point of view. I’d have to go back and find the thread and I don’t have the inclination to do so at this point.
My recollection is you came off very strong and obnoxious regarding hating cats. I love them. So that’s a problem right off the bat. You refuse to acknowledge that none of us revel in cats killing wildlife. We can love cats and still find disdain over what is instinctual for them. I don’t know what else to say to you at this point as you are set in a one track mindset, that being we should all hate cats because they kill. That’s not going to happen for me.

Reactions: Second Summer

beforewisdom wrote:​

"seen plenty of misanthropic creeps like you before. You aren't a vegan, as you don't feel compassion. You joined a movement you have superficial similarity to through your eating habits and tokenisms you parrot. Setting you on ignore."

because I don't like domesticated cats to mass murder wild animals. He even said that I don't feel any compassion. So I reported his post. Well I regret that I did report this crap. After all that was some sort of heroic move.

I went to the slaughter house when I was a teen. And I felt compassion. I wached many slaughterhous footage and it made me cry. So How is it possible that beforewisdom got a heart and a thumb up (from KLS52 and Silva) for this obnoxious post he made?

I DON'T LIKE CATS MASS KiLLING ANIMALS OK? And I feel compassion. OK?

Obviously my threat cats : a love and hate relashionship was closed because it was controversial. Being true to my heart I wrote that I felt some hatred towards the murderers. Yes domesticated cats kill on a massive scale and are destroying ecosystems. And people didn't like me writing that. why the hell is the last post of this discussion a coward attack on my character?

That is disgusting. You can ban me from this forum. I feel like puking. Also where is Nekodaiden? Why was he banned? I quite liked him.
Yea. Ban me please. I don't understand American rethoric. And this forum is dominated by American politically correct censorship. But I don't understand that.

Bye guys.

Honestly I'd like to be banned because I hate when cats mass kill small animals.

Ciao. see you in hell.
I just want to leave you with one thought. What is most important - your sentiment, or the instincts and needs of the animal you are accusing of being a mass murderer. I think you are more motivated by your desire to stomp your feet than you are by empathy.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
Gaspard, you're right that the post should have been deleted before. It's an ad hominem / personal attack, which is against our rules. I don't have a good explanation to why it wasn't deleted before, but now that you've reported it, I have deleted it. I'm sorry.

Reactions: Raven
..... people avoid discussing politics and religion at parties.

I usually stay away from certain topics, both IRL and online. It's a too complicated and exhausting minefield.

That’s definitely the way it is but that is not the way it should be. Civilised people should be able to have discussions on any topic in a civil manner.

You are ……
You are not ……
I think you are ……

We should all think twice before using the above expressions. They tend to be the lead into some form of personal abuse.

Instead say, “I can see where you are coming from but ……”
Or, if you feel strongly, “Your argument is flawed because ….”
Or, if you are outraged, “What you say is complete twaddle. Can’t you see that …….”

Vegans are renowned for showing compassion towards animals. Surely we can all try harder to also show compassion to one another. How often have you heard, “The trouble with vegans is that they care more for animals than they do for people.”?

American democracy is brought into disrepute every time a politician (one in particular comes to mind) on the podium indulges in the ad hominen that Indian Summer mentioned and worse still the eager audience whoops and claps and cheers mindlessly at the most outrageous statements. It’s no wonder that the Chinese Communist Party can feel so smug.

Roger.

Last edited:
With cats it is indeed instinct, like it or not. I know of no one who enjoys seeing a cat "toy" with a mouse or bird, but there it is. It is not done with malice, it is hunting/survival instinct. Yes, they are now domesticated and really have no need to hunt, but that is still in their genetic make up just as skin and eye color are. I love my dog. He is a happy, healthy vegan Boxer. While he has all of the food and shelter he needs, he still displays the instinctual urges that were bred into him to hunt.

The problem is not cats, it is us humans who are fond of keeping carnivorous animals, who are much more scarce in nature. But if one looks at the studies that show the environmental impact of pet food this issue will have to be addressed sooner or latter.

Fakei, I agree in part with you . . . the pet food industry is linked to the meat and dairy industries. The scraps and leftovers are a mainstay of most pet food products, thus further lining the pockets of meat and dairy corporations. I don't really see the human species abandoning their companion animals as something that will happen. Humans have kept domesticated animals for eons. Yes, the proliferation of these animals is weighing heavily on the environment. Perhaps a reprogramming of their diets is a solution. My Boxer is extremely healthy and happy now as a vegan dog . . . he even ignores heavy cooking meat odors coming from barbeques.
This, of course, will have to be coupled with a transition of the human perception that meat and dairy is necessary not only their diets, but their domesticated pets as well.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
Cats require taurine which makes them compulsive carnivores. Not everyone agrees that animals should be fed with foods they were not naturally made to consume, nevertheless animals are fed with pellets one way or another these days. Still pets mean more packages and more processing of food which have an environmental impact whether it is vegetarian or not.

Cats require taurine which makes them compulsive carnivores. Not everyone agrees that animals should be fed with foods they were not naturally made to consume, nevertheless animals are fed with pellets one way or another these days. Still pets mean more packages and more processing of food which have an environmental impact whether it is vegetarian or not.
Taurine in all cat foods is synthetic so vegan so no need to support breeding and killing animals to feed a pet cat. Info on www.Vegepets.com