Any thoughts on Sproud pea milk?

Satchitananda

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello all,

I have been trying to use home made milk substitutes to try to decrease my consumption/waste, but broke down and bought Sproud pea milk to help increase my calcium because I think it will be hard to consistently hit 1000 mg daily just by whole foods (although coming really close). I picked pea protein because of the very low environmental impact of the peas themselves. Seems like the company is pretty good and while I don't have the product yet, seems like the bulk of the container is cardboard and not plastic. Anyone familial with the company and product? I got the unsweetened. I only use milk subs for tea and coffee and occasionally blending into a fruit/seed sorbet I snack on. Thanks!
Om shanti shanti shanti.
Ian

I haven't seen it, but it sounds good! Sooo many choices now-that's what I call progress!
I usually just buy soy milk for yogurt, but I have had Ripple (flavored) and liked it. I wonder how pea milk is to make yourself? I've hated homemade oat milk :no:

Hey I'm also in Ohio!

Reactions: Lou
I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. Not sure how it would be to make, I have made cashew milk and oat milk and not really pleased with how it turned out. Would be good enough, but I like the calcium boost that comes with the fortified products, and they also seem to be creamier. I'm in between Cleveland and Akron, you?

I am a big proponent of soy milk. but pea milk is good environmentally and for personal health. I just don't like the taste.

However, I do buy a half-gallon of Silk's Chocolate pea, almond & Cashew milk every week. It's nutritious and it tastes great. I have a cup of hot chocolate every morning while reading the news.

Here at the vegan forum, we have discussed the merits of various plant milks. and I'm still firmly in the soy milk camp.

This was a pretty lively discussion

https://www.veganforum.org/threads/oat-milk-should-be-your-n°1-choice.14596/

Good article on the merits from the personal health perspecitve

There are a lot of good articles on the environmental impact. this one is sort of cutesy.

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. Not sure how it would be to make, I have made cashew milk and oat milk and not really pleased with how it turned out. Would be good enough, but I like the calcium boost that comes with the fortified products, and they also seem to be creamier. I'm in between Cleveland and Akron, you?
I'm north of Cleveland!