Any physical therapist?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2819

I know it’s in my best interest to see a physical therapist but funds are very limited. I thought it was worth reaching out here to see if I could get some advice.

I am NOT a physical therapist, but I have been in a situation where I needed physio, but also couldn't quite afford the user fees. So, what I did was went once a month. What you do is go once a month and ask the physiotherapist to give you an exercise (physio) routine to work on daily, and go once a month for a follow up visit. They can check your progress at that time, and adjust the exercises, accordingly. That's what I did. It was better than no physio at all. I've since improved to the point where I've now been able to resume a regular fitness program.

Half the problem for me was too much protein in my diet. All trainers...or most, will all tell you to eat lots of lean protein if you want to build muscle, so that's what I did. I believe the high uric acid in my system weakened my bones, and also caused two bouts of kidney stones. Since going plant-based, I've noticed a huge difference. That alone was probably one of the smartest things I've ever done for my health.

Best of luck in dealing with your physical disability. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

I am NOT a physical therapist, but I have been in a situation where I needed physio, but also couldn't quite afford the user fees. So, what I did was went once a month. What you do is go once a month and ask the physiotherapist to give you an exercise (physio) routine to work on daily, and go once a month for a follow up visit. They can check your progress at that time, and adjust the exercises, accordingly. That's what I did. It was better than no physio at all. I've since improved to the point where I've now been able to resume a regular fitness program.

Half the problem for me was too much protein in my diet. All trainers...or most, will all tell you to eat lots of lean protein if you want to build muscle, so that's what I did. I believe the high uric acid in my system weakened my bones, and also caused two bouts of kidney stones. Since going plant-based, I've noticed a huge difference. That alone was probably one of the smartest things I've ever done for my health.

Best of luck in dealing with your physical disability. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

Thanks. Very good advice.