Animal Sanctuaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
This one is near me.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas and Emma JC
This is one of my favourite ones as I have a soft spot for donkeys.♥♥ You can also watch them live (click onto webcam in turquoise and click onto each barn) and see how lovely they are. They will soon be having a yearly event called christmas carols evening where you can also join in via the webcam. I will post on the forum on the day of the event.
They also need volunteers to help with the donkeys. You can purchase items from their online shop. I usually buy all of my cards from them,including christmas ones.

I very often leave a window open and watch them when I'm on my computer. They are such sweet, gentle and calm animals. Sometimes, when I'm up in the middle of the night, I watch the webcam in the main barn and see them asleep. Did you know that many donkeys sleep standing up ? ;)

This is another of my favourite sanctuaries, situated in Australia. They mainly rescue farm animals. Some of them
are in desperate need as they are either severely crippled or abandoned by farmers. 😥
They have some gorgeous videos on their site, of the animals that have been rescued.

''If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others, why wouldn’t we?”

Edgar’s Mission Farm Sanctuary is a not-for-profit farm sanctuary with a vision for a humane and just world for all.

www.edgarsmission.org.au/about-us/

Fun at the bottom of the page. :)

I also have a soft spot for hedgehogs and am in dismay by the number that get run over ! :worried: There are so very few of them left, so please drive carefully and also leave out food for them. ;)

Grace and her friends are quiet literally living on the hedge or should I say edge. Grace's population is declining at an alarming rate. Once a common garden visitor, the population of hedgehogs in the UK has declined from 30 million in the 1950's to fewer than 1 million today - at that rate they may be threatened with extinction by 2025. Habitat loss, intensive farming, new development projects and increased road traffic are just a few of the many threats facing hedgehogs and other wildlife.

Important - Animal Rescue/Australian Bushfire/Need Funds to Feed Wildlife.

Who are the ARCCG?

The Rescue Collective and Animal Rescue Cooperative (ARC)
and the Animal Rescue Craft Guild are all one team, alongside many rescue groups helping the firezones across 5 states,
backed by a registered charity (MKC, ABN 69348678275). 100% volunteer run. Our group coordinates the making and supply of craft items that can be used by animal rescues.

Update from ARCCG Admins

1 - The Current Situation

Australia has received an amazing amount of items from local & international crafters that the majority of the need has been met.

We are continuing reaching out to as many rescues as we can (any and all of them) and helping them as we can, but the answer generally is, “Thanks guys, we’re good!” – This is due to the wonderful work to which many of you have contributed.

2 - WHAT WE NEED MOST

We need ongoing monetary donations for FOOD for animals in bushfire regions. Rescues have enough pouches and medical supplies to treat the surviving animals (and sadly, there are not as many as we hoped). The remaining animals need food because everything else is burnt. Donations can be made here: Rescue Collective Bushfire Fund - Badly burned wildlife in need

If you are overseas, please donate here: https://mkc.org.au/donations/arcworl

4 - THANK YOU WORLD 🌎

For our wonderful international supporters – THANK YOU for your support, solidarity, kind words & thoughts, and crafted items so far. We ask you, PLEASE do not send any more items to Australia. We guarantee there are animal rescue organisations in need near you. Google “animal rescue near me” and you will find some. We have reached out to some and they need pouches, nests, beds, blankets, and more. If our Australian carers had had support like this a year ago, we wouldn’t have been in the situation we found ourselves. So please, reach out to your local organisations and ask what you can do to help. Squirrels, opossums, birds, bats, rodents, skunks, etc – they all need your love!

Status
Not open for further replies.