Animal rights- Art project.

Bluerice

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi all, I've made an art project for a certain organization which is in progress.

The project is about a calf going through the living shipment process, which are live animals that are being transported via ship or plane from one country to another, and it details what goes through his life, until He reaches his destination.

It'll be released by the "Israel against living shipments" organization, as an animated short film, using my artwork in them.

I'll update further on about it!

Last edited:
Great work man !

You wrote on the website that maybe the charity didn't like the drawings, made me wonder if you actually have any reasons to assume that. It's possible that the project within the organization simply failed without you having any fault.

Gab

Reactions: Bluerice
Great work man !

You wrote on the website that maybe the charity didn't like the drawings, made me wonder if you actually have any reasons to assume that. It's possible that the project within the organization simply failed without you having any fault.

Gab
Indeed, I do not know what goes on within them...

But, the manner of which they replied clearly stated that they suddenly decided to hire a professional.
So... Two months of work, while they approved each drawing to their liking, and pretty much told me to keep going, and that I'm doing a great job... Went down the drain, just like that.

I do not like wasted effort.
Hence... I want anyone that might use to, to go ahead and use it.

You had the opportunity to learn new things whilst researching and drawing these images. Moreover, as you said, they can be reused to bring awareness ... I could not see the wasted effort part. To me it's a great learning and awareness experience.

You are really talented.

Gab

You had the opportunity to learn new things whilst researching and drawing these images. Moreover, as you said, they can be reused to bring awareness ... I could not see the wasted effort part. To me it's a great learning and awareness experience.

You are really talented.

Gab

Well, I've pretty much learned from scratch through these pictures how to use the Paint software, let alone, use my moue-holding hand as the drawing hand... I'm left-handed by default, but, I'm right handed on the mouse.
So... It thought me allot indeed in terms of digital art and delivering my skills from one hand to the other.

As an experience, yes... It improved my capabilities as an Artist, for... I've never made any large projects, or... Even drawn so much for such a long period of time.

Still, I've heart into this... Therefor, I have a need for it to actually do something, and not only be there as a monument to myself that I can do bigger stuff now.

I certainly thank you for your point though... The experience in itself added a ton of allot to what I know, what I'm capable of, And, how I should manage grand projects such as these.
Next time, I'd only volunteer my art through my own channels, not through people wanting to make some project.
It's simply offensive to be rejected from volunteer work.
Next time, I'd request for a fee, for It's still a heck of allot of time being given.

The only projects I'd do for free, are those I conjure up in my own mind for the sake of the cause... Not those given by others.

So you started this project to draw and to share for free your time and the images that you created. Well, you have achieved exactly that, only in a different form than you originally anticipated. Originally you wanted to give them to the charity and ended up giving them to a much wider audience via deviantart.

So you got the experience, and much wider exposure than via the charity. Would you not agree ?

I guess you are right... I ended up doing the whole thing myself eventually.

Seems like it's better to work alone on such projects... What really bothered me, was that I simply trusted them to do something with it.

I have to agree with you than... I should indeed, just do it all myself... There's no reason to entrust it onto charities, while I can make it happen on my own.

Sometimes we get what we originally wanted, just in a different form that expected - it's still a successful project.

The experiences with this particular charity should not put you off working with others - there must be more than one charity interested in your drawings. You just have to ask around, to get involved.

I'll post it around than, and seek for the medium that'll decide to make something more of it :)

I thank you for your encouraging words, you uplifted my mood in this matter!

Well done, the drawings are beautiful, and anyone would identify with that little calf.

Maybe Compassion in World Farming would like them: http://www.ciwf.org.uk/

It would make a very good book. You have managed to make the journey so clear without any words, so the book would be truly international.

Meanwhile I'll share your link as much a I can.

I thank you for your opinion on the matter, and your aid in the matter!
If this makes even a single person transition to Veganism, than I've managed to do something in this world!

I'll attempt to contact them as well!

How does one write such a book?