Amy's chocolate bars (andy's dandy candy)

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
[GALLERY=media, 303]Amys-Organic-Candy-Bars-small-300x174 by Forest Nymph posted Aug 22, 2018 at 7:19 PM[/GALLERY]

Amy's (as in those frozen vegetarian or vegan meals and the new fast food places in the Bay Area) also makes candy. I didn't realize this until today.

The Sunny, Dreamy and Minty flavors are vegan. Sunny is like a Mounds/Almond Joy and is absolutely delicious! The packaging also looks sort of like Willie Wonka wrappers, colorful and like 1960s fonts.

Last edited:
Amy is great. I don't buy her stuff too often. Not all of it is vegan. And its still processed packaged food. but I admire (not sure that is the right word) their company. It should be a "role model" for all food companies.

This reminds me of another vegan candy. Also sort of Retro. I used to get it but I don't see it around anymore. NoNo's? Anyone remember them?
And I think Starbucks still have Justin's Peanut Butter cups.

These don't seem to have a free trade sticker. I don't always buy free trade chocolate, but I try to.
Fortunately, it's pretty easy for me. My local grocer carries Endangered Species Chocolate Bars. they also very conveniently place them right next to the checkout. (that is so nice of them.) And if I forget to buy them, they chocolate bars call out to me in their little-endangered animal voices. "Over here. Don't forget about me. Save me!"

Reactions: Forest Nymph
And if I forget to buy them, they chocolate bars call out to me in their little-endangered animal voices. "Over here. Don't forget about me. Save me!

I loved this bit! And yes I know what you mean about the Endangered Species chocolate, I've even noticed that I like to try flavors according to the animals on the package lol.

Yes, some of Amy's products have dairy in them, but I still like to support her brand. I honestly don't buy very often, but I thought the Sunny chocolate bar was super yummy. Also eating at the restaurant in Santa Rosa (especially the vegan chili cheese fries and non-dairy chocolate shake!) was a real treat last spring on a trip.

Good point about the fair trade emblem, though.