9 Yr Old Vegan Challenges Donald Trump to Go Plant Based

For the first time since going vegan about 10 years ago, I really do feel ashamed to be associated with ******** like that.

Even PETA could not do that so far (although they tried).
Gary Yourovsky came very close, but he could not do it either.

To anybody who still has 5 functioning brain cells left, it should be clear that animals are among the subjects that Dump cares about even less than veterans, like poor people, persons of colour, and so on...

That anybody would want veganism to be associated in any way with this person, I can only shake my head and scream in disbelief. And yes, using an innocent child to convey this message, ah, priceless.

Reactions: silva
For the first time since going vegan about 10 years ago, I really do feel ashamed to be associated with ******** like that.

Even PETA could not do that so far (although they tried).
Gary Yourovsky came very close, but he could not do it either.

To anybody who still has 5 functioning brain cells left, it should be clear that animals are among the subjects that Dump cares about even less than veterans, like poor people, persons of colour, and so on...

That anybody would want veganism to be associated in any way with this person, I can only shake my head and scream in disbelief. And yes, using an innocent child to convey this message, ah, priceless.

Well I can see that you don't understand what's happening and didn't bother to research it either.

Children like Genesis Butler and Vegan Evan became vegan by their own choice as young people, not because their parents made them. Genesis Butler turned her parents vegan like Greta Thunberg did. Both became activists because they chose to. Vegan Evan gave up meat at age 5 and was an activist by age 7, before Million Dollar Vegan began. No one is "using" these children, they're just being financially and politically backed by adults. So there's that.

Secondly, veganism isn't about you or what you feel comfortable being identified with. I see this bizarre, adolescent identity politics creeping into veganism (maybe it's always been there) and it explains A LOT about why the literal Earth had to be on fire before veganism spread.

They're choosing conservative leaders because more conservatives need to go vegan. Everyone needs to go vegan. It isn't partisan. We don't have time for this dumbfuckery.

You know it's also a common fallacy that the famous Phoenix children (the late River, sister Rainbow and prominent activist Joaquin) were raised vegan. They actually chose it for themselves and then presented it to their parents.

We live in a different time. Some people actually listen to and support their children. If they choose to become online activists that's how wealthy adults located them to offer to finance their vegan or climate activism.

None of the child activists who are prominent were raised vegan from birth or brought into activism by parents (though some vegans do bring their children to marches or demonstrations, Million Dollar Vegan isn't picking up child activists in that way exactly because they don't to "use" children who have not chosen this for themselves).

It doesn't hurt any animals for Trump to try a plant based diet. The idea is that he would influence an otherwise difficult to reach group of people. I can't stand Trump but it's literally ridiculous to say you don't want him to be vegan.

Secondly, veganism isn't about you or what you feel comfortable being identified with. I see this bizarre, adolescent identity politics creeping into veganism (maybe it's always been there) and it explains A LOT about why the literal Earth had to be on fire before veganism spread.

They're choosing conservative leaders because more conservatives need to go vegan. Everyone needs to go vegan. It isn't partisan. We don't have time for this dumbfuckery.

ROFL. The least you could do is ask trump to go "plant based" (and not just in your mislabeled thread title) and ditch the word vegan, because, well, according to your own words...(highlights in bold)

These people ON PLANT-BASED DIETS perpetuate the lie that "veganism" is something you can randomly stop at any time (like being keto or gluten free) and that it definitively has something to do with good health (like being oil-free or living off of smoothies and raw carrots) and it hurts veganism. Because a real vegan is committed to their ethics and wouldn't stop for some random reason, and would at rock bottom be vegetarian, I can't imagine a real vegan ever wanting to eat an actual animal's body again if not literally starving to death on the frozen tundra. It also sends the message to young people (and their parents, and to less educated adults) that veganism is difficult, strict, tasteless, joyless, without treats or pleasures, a weight loss plan, something that people with more money than sense do, etc.

Some of these people on YT are completely toxic P.o.S. They're in it for their own narcissistic appearance, making money, and possibly health reasons. That they've tried to steal the word vegan absolutely enrages me.

lololololol

key words: Go vegan
Key phrase: make America Healthy again

No mention of animal rights. You should be enraged instead of hypocritically condescending. Why am I not surprised?

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_T and silva
None of the child activists who are prominent were raised vegan from birth or brought into activism by parents (though some vegans do bring their children to marches or demonstrations, Million Dollar Vegan isn't picking up child activists in that way exactly because they don't to "use" children who have not chosen this for themselves).

Sigh. Talk about uninformed.

I am well aware that Genesis Butler went vegan by herself, I have known her for quite some time and followed her different activities. I was concerned about the first campaign with the pope, but I think the second one is much worse. And indeed, I know from people close to this campaign that the person holding the purse strings came up with the idea to use Dump as the target for this campaign, and there was lots of discussion by other members of the campaign who were appalled by the idea, but he insisted because of "the publicity".

So indeed, I stand by my words that they are using this kid (don't know him, don't doubt he went vegan all by himself, but seriously doubt he came up with the idea to ask Dump, same as Genesis did not come up with the idea to ask the pope).

"Make Americe Healthy Again", lots of dog whistles in the video, posing with a gaggle of NYC cops ... and they wonder why people don't trust WHYTE vegans.... 🙄

Sigh. Talk about uninformed.

I am well aware that Genesis Butler went vegan by herself, I have known her for quite some time and followed her different activities. I was concerned about the first campaign with the pope, but I think the second one is much worse. And indeed, I know from people close to this campaign that the person holding the purse strings came up with the idea to use Dump as the target for this campaign, and there was lots of discussion by other members of the campaign who were appalled by the idea, but he insisted because of "the publicity".

So indeed, I stand by my words that they are using this kid (don't know him, don't doubt he went vegan all by himself, but seriously doubt he came up with the idea to ask Dump, same as Genesis did not come up with the idea to ask the pope).

"Make Americe Healthy Again", lots of dog whistles in the video, posing with a gaggle of NYC cops ... and they wonder why people don't trust WHYTE vegans.... 🙄

LMFAO. I just completed an entire semester in a social science program, took a sociology class that focused on environmental justice, and included "total liberation" (intersectional social justice and feminism with animal rights) in my literature reviews (I wrote two different ones - one as a place-based social science project, and the other a sociological thesis proposal from an ecofeminist perspective).

Look, just because people aren't what you expect them to be, and just because people don't agree with Robin Diangelo, doesn't mean they aren't aware of race issues in this country. Honestly, I think people like you hold veganism back a lot more than people who want to include Trump voters in vegan campaigns. This hysterical focus on race and ridiculous equation of inclusion of Trump voters or even targeting of Trump himself, with agreeing with Trump (I hate the ******* with the fire of 1000 suns) or being obliviously white has really got to stop. I've honestly taken to watching Blaire White lately, she's a conservative trans-woman that people **** on constantly because she's trans and Republican, but I found that she's actually a lot more educated, scientific and rational than a lot of trans allies on the left, and she being conservative doesn't make her any less valid (nor does it make her a white supremacist, since she's half-Latina). She was plant-based for nine years, she needs to go back, that how I found her.

It's ironic too that you're so critical of DXE when so many POC are involved with them, versus a lot of other animal rights organizations.

I think the bottom line is what I am sick of is people being so petty and nit-picky about other vegans or other attempts at animal rights activism or environmental vegan activism. It's so counterproductive to everything, so pretentious, and so self-righteous. I don't care if someone goes vegan just because their sister did, tbh, I mean whoa man - focus on what really matters.

Never mind, I am right now considering supporting the Iranian campaign that tries to raise 80 million US$ to make sure Dump does not consume animal products ever again :p .

I would totally support that.