6 chemicals in our food and drink that should be banned

das_nut

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Last week BuzzFeed published a list of eight foods that folks in the USA are eating but are banned in other parts of the world. The chemical community turned its venom on BuzzFeed. But I think BuzzFeed did a pretty good job of bringing the debate on chemicals in food to the fore. Don't believe the defence of food additives coming from the likes of Derek Lowe. After all he's part of the mainstream chemical conspiracy so he would defend chemicals wouldn't he?

Before you go breathing a sigh of relief and gloating that those of us outside the US don't get these chemicals in our foods, best think again. You may well live in enlightened areas of the world, with governments that keep you safe from such poisons, but BuzzFeed only scratched the surface. There are plenty of foodstuffs in your larder that are just as bad.

Here's my list of foods, drinks and other kitchen terrors that BuzzFeed might just as easily have mentioned.

- The Guardian

That e290 stuff sounds nasty. It's destroying our environment. And yet we have it in our food?

It's a troll article.

I think it's more of a humorous mocking of the original Buzzfeed article myself, and our obsession with finding harmful chemicals in our food.

Although looking at the comments, a few of the people didn't get the joke.

Although looking at the comments, a few of the people didn't get the joke.

I follow The Onion on Facebook, and am constantly amazed and entertained by people who comment with serious concern, outrage, or praise. If people can't spot parody on a parody news site, I'm not sure they can be expected to spot it on a "regular" news site. :fp: