News 50 % Burglaries Occur When People are At Home

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
New research commissioned by Verisure, Europe's leading provider of monitored security solutions and the UK's leader in smart alarms, has
today revealed the impact of burglary upon families across the UK. Conducted by Opinion Matters, the survey of 1,002 burgled UK respondents found that
over half of house burglaries in the UK occurred when someone was at home, and that 86.9% of burglaries significantly affected members of the household, with over 17%
of victims moving home because of the burglary.

Over Half of House Burglaries in the UK Happen When Someone Is at Home

The trend seems to be catching on, as we've had this problem in France for a long time. Homes no longer feel safe like they did, in other decades.

I've never had a concern about being burgled, especially when I'm home, because - dogs.

I have an irrational fear of home invasion ever since the widely publicized one in Cheshire Connecticut a few years back. It was horrible. :(

I have an irrational fear of home invasion ever since the widely publicized one in Cheshire Connecticut a few years back. It was horrible. :(

I agree as not only was it a horrific home invasion but they also raped and murdered the woman and children. It was only the husband who managed to escape.

The majority of home invasions end up with people being burgled and thankfully not murdered or harmed. Nevertheless it is a scary
situation which leaves people feeling insecure. I have talked to many victims when I was still working and it's amazing how these criminals operate.

Sadly where I live, having an alarm in not always an efficient deterrent as some gangs use knock out gas before breaking in.

A neighbour in my residence came back from work to discover two buglers in operation. They were armed with metal bars and threatened him whilst leaving with his possessions. The police say that there is nothing much that they can do.

Last edited:
The latest incident in our neighbourhood is that a burglar knocked on someone's door and forced himself into their home.

I immediately warned all of our elderly neighbours, who are senior ladies who live alone.