Yes, We Have No Bananas, We Have No Bananas Today

Has anyone tried "donut peaches"? They are an heirloom variety of peach that are flat, sort of squashed (like a donut--hench the name) and are white fleshed and sweet with almond top notes. They are my new favourite--we've been making them into ice cream in the vita mix, eating them with romanoff sauce (greek style soya yogurt, lemon juice, demerara sugar and brandy) and just on their own. I cannot get enough of them.

Bananas
apples (mostly gala, and fuji. i love the "sweet" apples the best)
pineapple
Pear
Avocado
Tomato
Dates
Strawberries
Blueberries
Watermelon
Mandarin Oranges
Brazil nuts, Hazelnuts (I didn't know was a "fruit" until I looked it up on wiki)
Plums
Grapes/raisins

Cantaloupe and honeydew are so-so. I used to always put them in my fruit salads, but don't anymore. I've tried stuff like Starfruit, but it didn't have much of a taste to it. I've tried the Cherimoya and would like to try it again. I'd love to try other stuff like Dragonfruit, as well as the Durian.

Reactions: thefadedone
Has anyone tried "donut peaches"? They are an heirloom variety of peach that are flat, sort of squashed (like a donut--hench the name) and are white fleshed and sweet with almond top notes. They are my new favourite--we've been making them into ice cream in the vita mix, eating them with romanoff sauce (greek style soya yogurt, lemon juice, demerara sugar and brandy) and just on their own. I cannot get enough of them.

We get them overhere but they are far more expensive than the classic ones.

I'll be right over! :D

We get them overhere but they are far more expensive than the classic ones.
I can get 8 peaches for about £1.30 from the green grocer--which makes about a pound in weight--for making peach ice cream.

Mangos are another favourite--3 for £1 at the market today so i'll cut those up and freeze them for smoothies or ice cream. I left one unfrozen to eat as a snack.

I can get 8 peaches for about £1.30 from the green grocer--which makes about a pound in weight--for making peach ice cream.

Mangos are another favourite--3 for £1 at the market today so i'll cut those up and freeze them for smoothies or ice cream. I left one unfrozen to eat as a snack.

I love mangoes !!!!:drool: