Animal Rights WWF Allegedly Murders Poachers

Editorialist

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
As a Franciscan Cathoilic Christrian and as such cannot condone ikilling of any sentient being tha if this report ios true i cannot condone or approve the action of any animal welfare group that alledgely uses murder as a means of stopping poaching no matter how horrific or unconscionable this practice may be. I am asking any oif nyou who moiral and upright to call this organization to account and if they continue you withhold your financial support as that is their lifeline.

Here is the article and link to read it:

National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Wants A Seat at the Environmentalists Table

National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Wants A Seat at the Environmentalists Table
By Kathleen Marquardt|March 23rd, 2020
QB4gG6fwVwEGEA8iX8_4A8lN84Klv87rWmxJd2yuTmeshWJZTr5graCWd77Tk3mLFwsCGlUuinSIZ-0EeqVlzFR7QY7V2D23tkYtF6m2a-CiYQiFyLy5SapcUYt1dg=s0-d-e1-ft
by Kathleen Marquardt
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) has said they need a seat at the table with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in order to protect beef’s interest. You have to ask yourself, why would the NCBA, a meat producing organization, want to be aligned with an organization which has stated that “to save the Earth it is demanded that we change human consumption habits away from beef.”
Forget the seat at the table. Forget stopping people from eating meat. The question becomes, “Why would the NCBA want to crawl under the covers with an organization that is up to its eyeballs in torture, rape, and murder.
Consider this new report on WWF. BuzzFeed News, according to Wikipedia is seen as a left-leaning site, so this story cannot be called a hit-job by the right. At the behest of Survival International (SI), they have been investigating reports about WWF’s actions in Africa.
SI’s concerns for the actions of WWF are based on SI’s viewpoint that “the model of conservation imposed by big NGOs (like WWF,Wildlife Conservation Society, African Parks, The Nature Conservancy, Conservation International, etc) in Africa and Asia is “colonial conservation”. ‘SI contends colonial conservation “is based on the idea that indigenous and tribal people can’t be trusted to look after their land and that those best placed to protect the environment are Western conservation organisations and their ‘fortress conservation’ model.” There are another six points of this definition that you can read here.
More on the Survival International story later, I would like to offer up some background facts on WWF. This information is from Ron Arnold’s Trashing the Economy, published in 1993:

Last edited by a moderator:
The question becomes, “Why would the NCBA want to crawl under the covers with an organization that is up to its eyeballs in torture, rape, and murder.

Because that is literally everything the NCBA stands for?
Have not encountered more perfect words to describe the cattle industry.

As a Franciscan Cathoilic Christrian and as such cannot condone ikilling of any sentient being tha if this report ios true i cannot condone or approve the action of any animal welfare group that alledgely uses murder as a means of stopping poaching no matter how horrific or unconscionable this practice may be. I am asking any oif nyou who moiral and upright to call this organization to account and if they continue you withhold your financial support as that is their lifeline.

Here is the article and link to read it:

By Kathleen Marquardt|March 23rd, 2020
QB4gG6fwVwEGEA8iX8_4A8lN84Klv87rWmxJd2yuTmeshWJZTr5graCWd77Tk3mLFwsCGlUuinSIZ-0EeqVlzFR7QY7V2D23tkYtF6m2a-CiYQiFyLy5SapcUYt1dg=s0-d-e1-ft
by Kathleen Marquardt
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) has said they need a seat at the table with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in order to protect beef’s interest. You have to ask yourself, why would the NCBA, a meat producing organization, want to be aligned with an organization which has stated that “to save the Earth it is demanded that we change human consumption habits away from beef.”
Forget the seat at the table. Forget stopping people from eating meat. The question becomes, “Why would the NCBA want to crawl under the covers with an organization that is up to its eyeballs in torture, rape, and murder.
Consider this new report on WWF. BuzzFeed News, according to Wikipedia is seen as a left-leaning site, so this story cannot be called a hit-job by the right. At the behest of Survival International (SI), they have been investigating reports about WWF’s actions in Africa.
SI’s concerns for the actions of WWF are based on SI’s viewpoint that “the model of conservation imposed by big NGOs (like WWF,Wildlife Conservation Society, African Parks, The Nature Conservancy, Conservation International, etc) in Africa and Asia is “colonial conservation”. ‘SI contends colonial conservation “is based on the idea that indigenous and tribal people can’t be trusted to look after their land and that those best placed to protect the environment are Western conservation organisations and their ‘fortress conservation’ model.” There are another six points of this definition that you can read here.
More on the Survival International story later, I would like to offer up some background facts on WWF. This information is from Ron Arnold’s Trashing the Economy, published in 1993:
um, do you have any evidence that poachers have been killed by anti-poaching troops? I know that there are armed paramilitary Game Wardens in some African parks. (We saw them in the Game Changers) It makes sense to arm and train game wardens. the poachers by definition are armed and dangerous.

Googling "poachers killed " (and other similar queries) so far the only poachers I found reported killed were killed by a pride of lions (or an elephant and then just eaten by the lions). And although I can't condone the behavior of the elephants and the lions I can't help but appreciate the poetic justice - or is it just irony?:)

And you know what makes more sense than withholding contributions to an organization that's objective is clearly protecting life.
How about not supporting an industry (Meat) or organization (NCBA) whose entire existence is based on the confinement, torture, and slaughter of sentient beings.
(takes a bow)
Go Vegan!

I don't want to downplay the allegations in the article that was linked, they are serious and I hope that they are being dealt with by the WWF.

However, I don't know what to think of conservatives who discover their heart on exactly that issue and write a fiery indictment of the organization trying to end trophy hunting and poaching when every 10 seconds a child dies from hunger somewhere. (I know, that's a strawman, but still)

I don't want to downplay the allegations in the article that was linked, they are serious and I hope that they are being dealt with by the WWF.

However, I don't know what to think of conservatives who discover their heart on exactly that issue and write a fiery indictment of the organization trying to end trophy hunting and poaching when every 10 seconds a child dies from hunger somewhere. (I know, that's a strawman, but still)

Huh?

Quote from the link

"About Kathleen Marquardt
Kathleen Marquardt has been in the freedom movement since before it was called that. She was founder and chairman of Putting People First, a non-profit organization combatting the animal rights movement. Her book, AnimalScam: the Beastly Abuse of Human Rights, was published by Regnery in 1993. In 1990, she became the emcee for the annual Wise Use Conference. She has testified before state legislatures, appeared on national television, spearheaded opposition to legislative initiatives, become involved in lawsuits, contributed to a number of books, been vilified in other books and articles, and has spoken to thousands across the country. She has written materials for distribution in schools, and her book AnimalScam was used in universities as a textbook. She was a contributing writer and researcher for Freedom Advocates, and her articles appear on numerous websites. She has been Vice President of American Policy Center since 2000. "

No bias here of course.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
Quote from the link

"About Kathleen Marquardt
Kathleen Marquardt has been in the freedom movement since before it was called that. She was founder and chairman of Putting People First, a non-profit organization combatting the animal rights movement. Her book, AnimalScam: the Beastly Abuse of Human Rights, was published by Regnery in 1993. In 1990, she became the emcee for the annual Wise Use Conference. She has testified before state legislatures, appeared on national television, spearheaded opposition to legislative initiatives, become involved in lawsuits, contributed to a number of books, been vilified in other books and articles, and has spoken to thousands across the country. She has written materials for distribution in schools, and her book AnimalScam was used in universities as a textbook. She was a contributing writer and researcher for Freedom Advocates, and her articles appear on numerous websites. She has been Vice President of American Policy Center since 2000. "

No bias here of course.

Oh, She is Satan's handmaiden.

• Haha
Reactions: FlandersOD and Sax