What should I do with unwanted fishing tackle?

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have a bit of a dilemma. Before seeing the light and becoming vegan I was an angler and now am left with tackle that I want gone. Would it be right to sell it on or should I dispose of it? I also have an incubator which I used when I kept some chickens in my garden up until a few years back. So should I sell them to someone who would have bought these items from elsewhere or would it be wasteful to send them to landfill? Any thoughts please?

I had the same problem way back when. I simply gave all my stuff away, free. I see nothing wrong with selling it though. You paid for it, so why not? And like Emma suggested, a donation to an animal shelter might help you feel better about it.

I had the same problem way back when. I simply gave all my stuff away, free. I see nothing wrong with selling it though. You paid for it, so why not? And like Emma suggested, a donation to an animal shelter might help you feel better about it.

Thanks. It wouldn't feel right throwing it all in a skip. Yes a donation to a shelter or sanctuary is a good idea.

Reactions: Emma JC
If you don't want it to be used, maybe make some modern art with it and sell it for a small fortune. :laughing: