Video Games

MobiusX

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I used to play duck hunt on Nintendo when I was a kid but now that I think about it, it's only normalizing killing animals and would never play that game again even if it's not real. What is your opinion on video games where people kill animals?

I used to play duck hunt on Nintendo when I was a kid but now that I think about it, it's only normalizing killing animals and would never play that game again even if it's not real. What is your opinion on video games where people kill animals?

I wouldn't be fond of one where it's the main goal/purpose of the game. However, I wouldn't be opposed to one where it's not and is just a part of surviving (say, in the wilderness, where some animals may attack you out of either fear or to eat you).

• Agree
Reactions: Second Summer
I wouldn't want to play a duck hunting game, but I wouldn't mind a game like Forbidden Forest where survival means amongst other things you have to shoot giant spiders with a very difficult-to-load bow-and-arrow.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy_T
This whole video game normalizes X, is annoying and runs contrary to reality. Odds are good if you're regular player you've slaughtered countless humans and if you play RPG's you've likely done things like nuking or just killing cities, villages, destroying world and taken to extreme entire universe. If video games were normalizing stuff our society would look like that one form movie purge just every day, at least violence would skyrocket given exposure to video games. So games where you can kill animals are pretty much your average video game as there are only few genres or sub-generes of games that usually don't involve killing anything.

• Agree
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I wouldn't want to play a duck hunting game, but I wouldn't mind a game like Forbidden Forest where survival means amongst other things you have to shoot giant spiders with a very difficult-to-load bow-and-arrow.

My Laugh react was targeted at the game « Forbidden Forest ». Unless I have mistaken your age, you are much too young to have played that game when it came out (1983). I very fondly remember spending much time with it.

I play Skyrim and my Khajiit character Yuela incinerates people several times in a course of one day. Years of incinerating people in Skyrim still hasn't normalized that for me in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Andy_T