Vegan study

Sean.Hepburn

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi everyone I'm really happy to be apart of this forum!
I know I've only just joined but I have a big favour to anyone and everyone who is vegan!! I'm a final year psychology student and doing my first big project on my own and I decided to cover a topic that's close to my heart.

I'm looking into the overwhelming amount of social media articles surrounding Veganism and how people perceive it. My hope is to help identify area in which we as group can target areas that are filled with believable false information and how we can help people become vegans in future! I need 300 participants and my student body doesn't have the numbers I need to complete the study.

My tutor has said I'm allowed to donate £40 to groups choice of charity if I can get the amount I need. So I would be really grateful to every person who does help. I won't post the link until I get permission from admins here because I feel it's just good manners. :D

I need 300 participants and my student body doesn't have the numbers I need to complete the study.
To be clear - you need 300 vegan participants? That may be a tall order - you're going to have to spread the word far and wide. Best of luck, though!

I won't post the link until I get permission from admins here because I feel it's just good manners.
Please feel free to post the link, no problem.

To be clear - you need 300 vegan participants? That may be a tall order - you're going to have to spread the word far and wide. Best of luck, though!

Please feel free to post the link, no problem.

Yeah hahaha It's a big ask but I need 150 vegan participants at least. Thank you for your luck wishing....I'm gonna need it! I currently have 4 :(

Curious.

I finished your study and answered the questions as asked - about "the article" as a whole, rather than the subjects of the article itself. No initial source was provided until later, and as far as I knew I could have been reading a bit of fiction in both articles. Wouldn't it have suited the study better to ask about perceptions and/or feelings towards the entities in the article(s) rather than the article itself? This is supposed to somehow analyze group think, but I don't see how. It was an online test that one takes alone and confidentially without the participation of others to influence the outcome with respect to the questions. It also seems to assume that a favorable circumstance would generate favorable results, and then judge the difference in how the questions are answered. I don't think this should be assumed because the reader may not even think the circumstances describe make any real difference.

If you're interested in group think/influence, you might find the following interesting if you haven't already come across it:

Two more notes about your study. 1) The bubble sensitivity makes it difficult to definitively place a number, and as a result I did my best to just keep it in the range I wanted, instead of picking a distinct number. This could lead one to assume a slight change in mind (say, for range bound answers) when there wasn't one. 2) A little better punctuation in places would make it look more professional.

Not so sure about the way you formulate the questions. The sentences are too long. they are confusing. I manage to understand them but it was annoying.
May I try to help you :
"F*ck you!" that's very clear. And everybody understands it.
"Now you will have to rate your understanding of the texte and also the author perhaps maybe the content as well if those three variables are not interchangable one thing being equal to itself after all this might be AI writing about anything that was true before we didn't read the text for the purpose of rating it." This might be a little bit confusing for most people even though it souds very much academic.