Package Exchange Vegan Package Exchanges Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
Welcome to the Vegan Package Exchanges subforum! Here you will find all the threads relating to all our past exchanges, as well as any info on our upcoming ones.

The threads for the current exchange (if there is one) are always stickied at the top of this subforum.

What are the exchanges?
If you sign up, you'll be secretly given the name of someone else who is taking part. You use one of our anonymous accounts to ask them questions, and then send them a box of goodies. Someone else who is taking part will do the same for you! Everyone gets a package of awesome vegan treats - food, handmade items, reusable bags... if it's vegan, we've likely sent it!

Are there any rules?
Yes, we have a few rules for each exchange to help ensure that nobody is unfairly taking advantage. We usually ask that you joined VV before the start of the current exchange, and that you have posted at least a few times. Also, if you are under 18, you will require parental permission. There may be additional rules/requirements, depending on the exchange, but everything will be posted in the sign-up thread.

I'm vegetarian, not vegan - can I take part?
You don't have to be vegan to take part, but any item sent must be vegan. If you have any questions about what is and is not vegan, we're all happy to help!

If I sign up for one, do I have to do them all?
Nope! Everyone who wants to take part has to re-register each time, and participating in an exchange puts you under no obligation for anything except the one you signed up for.

Will my personal information be safe?
Absolutely. You will send your name, address, etc. in a PM to the exchange organiser, who will ONLY send that information to the person you are matched with.

How often are the exchanges?
We usually run around three a year - one for the Holiday season, one around the spring, and one in the summer. The 'theme' of each exchange may change from time to time - we like to keep things interesting!

Who runs the exchanges?
The exchanges are member-run. Any issues should be reported to the exchange organiser, not the Mod team. Please be aware that neither the Mod team nor the exchange organiser can be held responsible in the rare event of missing packages.

Aery, you missed one out -

Nothing beats the excitement of getting a parcel filled with surprise goodies from a surprise person where you know everything inside will be cruelty free and chosen just for you. It's as close as you'll come to waking up on Christmas morning as a kid and realising Santa has visited in the night :D

Picking out goodies for someone else is just as, if not MORE fun.

AND... as I mentioned in the Secret Santa thread.. there's still time for those who would like to sign up. We'll keep it open for a few more weeks for domestic shipping.

Reactions: thefadedone
Status
Not open for further replies.