Vegan hot dog van

Clairey

Vegan wannabe
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
There is a vegan burger and hot dog van just down the road from me outside Wickes in Apsley near Hemel Hempstead.
I was really pleased with the food and have ended up half sort of copying his cooking except that i have used chilli sauce instead of ketchup and mustard and it went in the pan and bot on the bread roll.
He wasn't there today which was a shame as it meant i ended up with a falafel wrap from Sainsbury's. Chilled. Better than nothing i suppose.

There is a vegan burger and hot dog van just down the road from me outside Wickes in Apsley near Hemel Hempstead.
I was really pleased with the food and have ended up half sort of copying his cooking except that i have used chilli sauce instead of ketchup and mustard and it went in the pan and bot on the bread roll.
He wasn't there today which was a shame as it meant i ended up with a falafel wrap from Sainsbury's. Chilled. Better than nothing i suppose.
I have always thought that vegan fast food vans would be really useful near the pubs at night. At the time I was an omnivore but I mixed a lot with the anarchist vegetarians and vegans who gave me a lot of my early inspiration. That was back in the eighties though when veganism was considered extreme, cranky and out-there!

I recently made a small detour on my way home from work and visited IKEA.

They are now offering 3 kinds of hotdogs, a vegan “veggie” hotdog that is very alternative tasting (think of a ‘90’s “veggie sausage”, shown on the right in my picture) for 1€ per piece, a “plant” hotdog with a plant-based sausage that looks and taste like a “normal” sausage for 1.50 €, and hotdogs with sausages made from dead animals for 2 € per piece.

I had both the “veggie” and the “plant” version, and while the “veggie” version was nice, the “plant version” was better and will likely appeal to most nonvegans.

I was happy to see that many people there who did not seem ostensibly vegan were going for the “veggie” versions…

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: PTree15 and Brian W