US Vegan for over 2 years-Continuous stomach Problems

MsVeggie

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello!

I have been vegan for over 2 years now and have had some annoying stomach problems ever since I started. Gas, bloating and not a solid bowl movement since I started. My body definitely has had time to adjust. I've tried probiotics, apple cider gummies, cbd, eating more binding foods and nothing is helping. Any recommendations on something that really helped anyone?

Hello!

I have been vegan for over 2 years now and have had some annoying stomach problems ever since I started. Gas, bloating and not a solid bowl movement since I started. My body definitely has had time to adjust. I've tried probiotics, apple cider gummies, cbd, eating more binding foods and nothing is helping. Any recommendations on something that really helped anyone?
Hello MsVeggie. :wave: What about bloating and gas,- we've just advised a few things to another member. (In that thread similar problems are discussed). Here is the thread:

Hello!

hi and welcome to the forum

So sorry to hear you are having issues and it would be my recommendation that you find a plant-based doctor/dietician if you can and get checked out. 2 years is a very long time to be uncomfortable and in pain and you may have something that has been an issue for years and has nothing to do with how you eat now or you may be eating something you are allergic to, etc.

Please let us know how it goes.... Emma JC

hi and welcome to the forum

So sorry to hear you are having issues and it would be my recommendation that you find a plant-based doctor/dietician if you can and get checked out. 2 years is a very long time to be uncomfortable and in pain and you may have something that has been an issue for years and has nothing to do with how you eat now or you may be eating something you are allergic to, etc.

Please let us know how it goes.... Emma JC
Yes, indeed. If it's food related, it will be something that you're eating, not something you're not eating. And it may be an underlying problem.

Reactions: Emma JC and David3
Hello!

This sounds terrible! Have you thought about making an appointment with a Registered Dietitian (RD) that specializes in digestive issues and in vegetarian nutrition? In the United States, you can find a local RD through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietietics (the world's largest association of Registered Dietitians). Just click on the red "Find An Expert" button in the upper-right part of their website: http://www.eatright.org.

See a Doctor. You may have something seriously wrong with you. It could be as simple as a food allergy which is a simple test. Or it could be more serious. And if it is serious then the longer you wait the worse it will be.

If you haven't seen a doctor in two years - you are overdue. and if you have seen a doctor, why didn't you bring this up to her?

Of course, there might be some kind of easy fix. Like rinsing your black beans before cooking but first, you should make sure everything is OK.

Most of the things you tried are good things to try but it's not that surprising (to me) that they didn't work.

Reactions: David3 and Emma JC