U.S. Pizza Huts to test plant-based pepperoni

David3

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Certain U.S. locations of Pizza Hut restaurant will be offering plant-based pepperoni for a limited time. (No plant-based cheese though).

The plant-based pepperoni will be trialed at 70 Pizza Hut locations in Albany, New York; Columbus and Macon, Georgia; Houston, Texas; and Jacksonville, Florida.

Link: Pizza Hut Is Testing Plant-Based 'Beyond Pepperoni'

Pizza Hut is late to this game. In California, the "Pizza Press" and "Blaze" pizza franchises have offered vegan cheese and meat toppings for years.

Reactions: Amy SF
Meh.
I loved when Pizza Hut had unlimited toppings for like 10 a large. I love their sauce, and they did the veggies just right, so I was happy.They would not sub cheese for a veg though, calling cheese 'included in price'. Getting a good vegan pizza without that discount wasn't worth it to me
Honestly, I like veggie pizza without cheese, but as soon as I think about a meat like topping I want cheese with it!
They had the Beyond Sausage, but it was a higher price,and never offered a discount, and now it's gone anyway.No incentive for anyone to try it to begin with,so who knows if it would sell? :confused:

Wonder if it will make it's way to Mississippi before they decide to discontinue it. I enjoyed the Beyond Meat sausage pizza, was sad they took it away.
I've been getting cheeseless pizzas from them recently on almost every friday. Buffalo sauce, black olives and hot peppers, sometimes mushrooms.

Certain U.S. locations of Pizza Hut restaurant will be offering plant-based pepperoni for a limited time. (No plant-based cheese though).

The plant-based pepperoni will be trialed at 70 Pizza Hut locations in Albany, New York; Columbus and Macon, Georgia; Houston, Texas; and Jacksonville, Florida.

Link: Pizza Hut Is Testing Plant-Based 'Beyond Pepperoni'

Pizza Hut is late to this game. In California, the "Pizza Press" and "Blaze" pizza franchises have offered vegan cheese and meat toppings for years.
If you’re ever in Los Angeles…

They have a whole vegan section on their menu, and their pizza is really good.

why not? pepperoni is as much about the texture and spice as the taste, seems doable.

I have ordered pizzas without cheese about 30-50 times now over the years.

I would say more than half the time they immediately say fine, sometimes they have to go and check with the manager/chef.

I think about 2 times I have been told no.

This is mostly in Chile.

• Informative
Reactions: David3
Customer is king in the US! Always found customer service very good there! It´s a shame for people from the US though, that when they travel customer service, especially in restaurants, must seem pretty poor compared to what they are used to.

• Wow
Reactions: silva