Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Recall

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Trader Joe's Recalls Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter

The voluntary recall applies to all jars of the 16-ounce spread.

Monday, Sep 24, 2012 | Updated 6:35 AM CDT

Trader Joe’s has issued a voluntary recall of its Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter because of possible salmonella contamination, according to a company statement released to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Saturday.

The Monrovia-based company removed the peanut butter (pictured below) from their shelves in advance of the recall, but says customers may still have potentially contaminated jars on their shelves.

Distributed nationwide, the peanut butter comes in a 16-ounce plastic jar with an expiration date stamped below the lid. All code dates are included in this recall, the company said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/F...-Salted-Valencia-Peanut-Butter-170892931.html

If you're looking for a "natural" peanut butter, there are other brands, plus the mainstream companies have gotten into the act. A couple weeks ago I bought a jar of Skippy "natural" PB which isn't bad.

(I passed over the Laura Scudders natural PB, which I usd to buy, becuase I was put off by the amount of oil pooling on top. But some people don't mind that kind of thing.)

looks like my favorite peanut butter is safe as well
17010006lg.jpg

Reactions: thefadedone