Tofu Scramble Seasoning Mix

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Stumbled onto this at Amazon today. Thought it looked promising/intriguing.

• CHEF INSPIRED INGREDIENTS; Nutritional Yeast, Black Salt, Organic Turmeric, Curcumin, Onion, Garlic and other Organic Spices
  • BREAKFAST VEGAN; Egg Substitute for Tofu Scramble, Breakfast Burritos, Tacos and Sandwiches
  • CREATE VEGAN RECIPES; Add your favorite Vegetables and Legumes - Spinach, Beans, Asparagus, Okra, Peppers, Jalapeños
  • GREAT GOURMET GIFT; Men or Women, Holiday, Christmas, Stocking Stuffer, Gift Basket, Taco Tuesday
  • SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS - FreshJax is a family owned and operated business, handcrafting your favorite natural spices since 2011

Reactions: David3
Ah geeeeezz.........
I've thought about that for years, but I couldn't see charging enough for such a cheap thing to do yourself to make it profitable.
$11.99! That's insane! I didn't spend 10 dollars on a pound of nooch last time 🙄
Why I'm poor I guess...

Wow! I'm with @silva. That's too much money for a mix. Sure there are some pricey ingredients, but many, many vegans are going to have those spices/salt along with nooch in their pantry, because we have to scratch cook so often. My coin purse gasped.

Cheaper than Just Egg.
Huh? I've never had Just Egg, but from people who like it, it fills a void other things could not. They already have tofu and those ordinary spices for cheap, they've obviously haven't taken the place of eggs 🙄
I can go to any video or blog on scrambled tofu and find someone using these spices. Look making Just Egg copy cat recipes with mung beans--they're far more work than opening 5 jars instead of one!
Wish I felt ok with taking peoples money for an overpriced product

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
You can make a paste with chickpea flour and add it to tofu scramble for an omelette style.

hcmp71889_749105.jpeg

You can make a paste with chickpea flour and add it to tofu scramble for an omelette style.

hcmp71889_749105.jpeg
I’ve been wanting to do a chickpea flour omelet for forever...I don’t know what’s holding me back. I need to just do it! It never occurred to me to add it to my tofu scramble...brilliant!