Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Wired just published this article

EMBRACE A FAKE MEAT FUTURE
FOR ITS LESSER-KNOWN BENEFITS

"Meat production chews up land and spews out methane by the kiloton, accounting for about two-thirds of all greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture. A University of Oxford study recently found that, to keep global warming below 2 degrees this century, we need to be eating 75 percent less beef and 90 percent less pork globally. “Without concentrated change, we really risk exceeding key environmental limits,” Marco Springmann, one of the Oxford researchers, warns me."

"Diets are culturally enshrined, so changing them will be hard. Fake meat can help camouflage that epic transformation as a mere tweak."

Full article here
Embrace a Fake Meat Future for Its Lesser-Known Benefits

Wasn't sure where to stick this. but this thread that I started 3 years ago could use some love.

This article from the NYT is about Ethan Brown, the CEO of Beyond Meat.
EVERYThing he says - I agree with. A brother from another mother.

Ethan Brown contends there are several main benefits to consuming plant-based foods instead of animal meat. It leads to fewer greenhouse gas emissions, it consumes fewer natural resources and it is better for human health.​
But for Mr. Brown, the founder and chief executive of Beyond Meat, there is a more personal motivator: He would rather not be responsible for the deaths of animals.​

Wasn't sure where to stick this. but this thread that I started 3 years ago could use some love.

This article from the NYT is about Ethan Brown, the CEO of Beyond Meat.
EVERYThing he says - I agree with. A brother from another mother.

Ethan Brown contends there are several main benefits to consuming plant-based foods instead of animal meat. It leads to fewer greenhouse gas emissions, it consumes fewer natural resources and it is better for human health.​
But for Mr. Brown, the founder and chief executive of Beyond Meat, there is a more personal motivator: He would rather not be responsible for the deaths of animals.​

I read that when it came out. I didn't like the headline, but the story was good.

Reactions: Emma JC