Animal Advocacy The Animal Activism/Rights/Welfare thread

This is such a great story to start the day - poor thing - Animal freedom fighters really are the pinnacle of society.

Perhaps a happy ending but can you imagine having lived 50 years of pure misery and torture since he was a baby. Stolen from his mum, hence he didn't receive love, care and guidance as elephants do. I really blame tourists for this kind of animal cruelty/abuse as without them, the abuser wouldn't have kept this poor animal for such a lengthy period.

There are still numerous elephants in captivity, especially in Asia. People are still posting pix of 'how wonderful' elephant rides and events are. :sob:

Shame on these abusers! Shame on these countries which still allow this horrendous abuse of our animals. :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
Perhaps a happy ending but can you imagine having lived 50 years of pure misery and torture since he was a baby. Stolen from his mum he didn't receive love, care and guidance as elephants do. I really blame tourists for this kind of animal cruelty/abuse as without them, the abuser wouldn't have kept this poor animal for such a lengthy period.

There are still numerous elephants in capture especially in Asia. People are still posting pix of 'how wonderful' elephant rides and events are. :sob:

Shame on these abusers! Shame on these countries which still allow this horrendous abuse of our animals. :mad:
Indeed, I watched the documentary on PBN 'The Land of Ahimsa' - So glad she is pointing out the hypocrisy over there. Just been listening to some podcasts from the wildlife sos website as per Raju the elephant, it's an ear opener. These posts are costing me a fortune but these animals are paying with their lives. (and some human freedom fighters too)

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
336786832_760313162484608_6989333479889398884_n.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Roy R
100% agree I was shocked to find out quite a few years ago that they were on the red list. The only thing I would say is to be surreptitious when feeding them. i.e. leave food out without them seeing you or they will hound you and your cat. It's difficult. I started when there was a female only looking after her three chicks on her own, it was difficult trying to shue away magpies, one of the chicks got killed by a magpie whilst the mum was away. It was heartbreaking watching it getting pummeled into the roof - I was too late by the time I saw it being killed. Life is so cruel, I also once saw a seagul tearing apart a pigeon :-( it's all effed up - who invented this system.

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W
336253264_773013480777053_127148016647012918_n.jpg
336806826_506538794854503_2644869566195962953_n.jpg

"
This is Dr. Margaret S. Livingstone.

She carries on the cruel experiments done to baby Britches, who the ALF liberated in 1985.
Psychopath Margaret Livingstone, a Harvard University experimenter, has spent her entire 40-year career tormenting animals, including by tearing baby monkeys away from their mothers straight after birth and sewing their eyes shut—or making sure they never see a human or monkey face in other ways, by requiring staff to wear welders’ masks around them.

She also attached
electronic sonar devices to their heads—just to see how badly it damages their brain and visual development.
Strangled to Death by Surrogate Mother"

Please Contact Harvard and let them know what you think of Livingstone’s barbaric experiments
👇

Harvard Medical School contact information
https://hms.harvard.edu/.../contact-harvard-medical....

• Angry
  • Agree
Some very important news today as animal activists will try and stop the Grand National. I just hope that nobody
gets hurt and that a horse will not die. Usually one dies during the course of these stupid races that entertain the rich and famous:

skynews-grand-national-race_6121762.jpg

skynews-grand-national-race_6121765.png

"An animal rights group says it will attempt to stop the Grand National from going ahead this afternoon.

Animal Rising activists are planning to scale fences and storm the track - and it's claimed up to 300 protesters will attend."
''“The truth is that since February in 2021, over 192 horses have died on the tracks alone.'' Sunday World.