Animal Advocacy The Animal Activism/Rights/Welfare thread

336783589_207656275281549_5728955602935578673_n.jpg

336991575_172937215545920_6473488167875058967_n.jpg

337137896_590765119601338_1601435532473158195_n.jpg

336662189_9262449283795069_7049408411179883484_n.jpg

The 3 minute movie challenge (Sunday) organised by WTF in Brighton was a huge success.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Great news and thanks again for highlighting shyvas.

Really fabulous news for this baby. There were so many campaigns,demos and petitions which proves that activism does work.

Despite having been a prisoner exploited by pimps, hopefully she will thrive once she is released into the wild.

336129167_589557823208999_4946538399785995179_n.jpg

Reactions: PTree15
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It's appalling to learn about what's going on in the English countryside. Foxes are tortured and murdered and if it weren't for
our fabulous sabs, few people would know the truth. Please join the various sab groups as they need our support and funds.

• Sad
168281681_4124460664282829_7759376298232660646_n.jpg

3rd of April
In loving memory of Tom Worby

"April 1993, about 40 hunt saboteurs were present at the closing meet of the Cambridgeshire Foxhounds at Low Farm near Gravesley in Cambridgeshire. With the group of saboteurs was Tom Worby, a 15 year old from Milton Keynes, on his first day out sabbing.
His girlfriend had seen the hunt sab information stall in the city centre some days before and expressed an interest to join us. She then came with her boyfriend for their first day out sabbing.
When we saw the hunt, they had just started drawing in a wood neighbouring Low Farm. We all went into the fields outside the wood and called the hounds. Some came out, followed by an irrate Joint Master, Geoffrey Fox. After shouting some abuse at sabs, Mr Fox went back into the wood. Sabs stayed put and kept calling with similar success.
So, the whole hunting field came out, including huntsman and the hounds, and just gathered in the fields adjacent to the sabs. Some lively discussions went on between hunters and sabs and it soon became pretty obvious that the hunters had just called police and were waiting for their arrival.

After a while, one policeman arrived. He went into the fields and spoke for a long time with the hunters. Then he came over to the sabs and announced that he felt we were trespassing and should be leaving. Sabs told him that this was not his business, and that they were just sitting around in the sun and not really breaking any laws. The policeman then went back to the hunters, and after some more back and forth, and when it had become clear that the police was not able to remove sabs and not willing to put more resources into this operation, the hunt suddenly left back to Low Farm.

Sabs followed in a distance. We were not aware then what the hunters were actually planning to do. However, later in court the huntsmaster said he had decided to call it a day and ordered the huntsman Anthony Ball to pack up. Mr Ball was a very irrate man, easily blowing his lid and getting very aggressive. Just a few weeks earlier he had come off his horse and attacked sabs on foot, supported by other hunt thugs.
One sab was left unconscious after this attack, as he had been knocked on the head by the female hunter who owns Low Farm. There were also a number of occasions when Mr Ball had tried to ram or threatened to ram or actually rammed sab vehicles with his hound van. We have counted 27 incidents for which we have video or photographic evidence of Mr Ball using violence against sabs in the last years.
In any case, on this particular day, sabs followed Mr Ball and the hounds and the other hunters back to Low Farm. There we observed Mr Ball loading up the hounds and horses into the hound van. While all other hunters were still hanging around and drinking and chatting, Mr Ball went into the hound van together with his son Christopher Ball, the main terrierman of the hunt, and the kennel groom. Then he drove the track back towards the road.

When the sabs saw this happening, they also went up this track back towards the road. They were at the start about 500 yards in front of the hound van. We were in two minds about it all, as we did not know whether the hunters were really calling it a day, or whether they were just trying to move somewhere else to resume hunting. In any case, on the way back to the road on foot,sabs were split up. There was a main bulk of sabs furthest behind, then there was a smaller group of sabs, and then two sabs furthest up the track almost back at the road. I was one of those two.
When the hound van reached the first main group of sabs, the sabs did not just leave the track as it was felt it was a good idea to delay the hunters in case they wanted to resume hunting somewhere else. When all sabs would be back at the road it would be much easier to follow. So, some sabs even sat down on the track trying to block the vehicle.
However, Mr Ball’s hound van nudged its way through the group of sabs, always with a steady slow pace. People who were sitting down just removed themselves in the last second, as Mr Ball just would not stop. There was no violence or threat of such from the sabs at all. It was just a matter of delaying the van.

After a while the van had managed to pass this group of sabs and gathered speed very fast. It was soon approaching the next group of sabs. The track narrowed in this place, with a steep ditch to the right and a little one foot high verge and a dense hedgerow to the left. Mr Ball sped up more and more and drove straight into this group of sabs who didn’t even try to delay him at this stage.
When sabs realized that Mr Ball was not to slow down and was actually driving straight at them, they jumped aside down into the ditch on the right. Only Tom Worby didn’t manage to do that anymore, as he was too far on the left. He stepped aside into the only direction he could step, which was between hedgerow and van. There was basically no space whatsoever, as the van was so wide.
Tom Worby was caught on to the left wing mirror, and was dragged with the vehicle for a good 50 yards. He was screaming at the top of his voice, banging against the side of the van, against the door. He then lost his grip and slipped down, bounced back against the hedge and fell forward again underneath the left back wheel. The van went straight over his head. One could see the van lift up a bit when it went over his head.
The hound van did not stop. It gathered even more speed and passed the two sabs up the road who were just so shocked about what had happened that they couldn’t move. And then the hound van went straight back to the kennels, where soon litterally hundreds of police arrived to protect Mr Ball.

Sabs ran over to Tom Worby and tried to comfort him. He was bleeding out of his ears and nose, but was still conscious. Sabs screamed for help. Some hunters on foot nearby laughed and announced the whole thing as a victory for them, and were actually threatening sabs who expressed the urgency to get an ambulance.
Eventually, the one policeman present was informed and he called an ambulance. Before the ambulance arrived, Tom died in the arms of his girlfriend."

Protect The Wild spoke to Wiltshire Hunt Saboteurs, whose role was instrumental in scoring this victory. The sabs said:

“The removal of Foxhunting police officers from the RCT was always at the core of our campaign. This issue goes to the heart of police impartiality, accountability and public trust and confidence in the “policing by consent” model, particularly during a time when the public gaze is very much focused on the corruption and the sometimes criminal behaviour which occurs within every police force around the country.
Naturally this result is welcomed. This is most certainly a win for the power of people to hold powerful institutions and interests to account, when the official systems invariably fail to do so.”
Wiltshire Sabs continued:

“This announcement coincidentally falls on a day when once again, two more local hunts hit the news: The Cotswold Hunt who were recently caught, with a live vixen, stuffed into a sack and buried into an artificial earth, to be released to the hounds, and the Royal Agricultural College Beagles, who were caught on camera hunting a hare near Sherston.
We know that the RCT are currently investigating several incidents of hunt crime, some of which hunt sabs have been assisting with, and we will continue to provide evidence, where we can, to bring these organised rural crime gangs to justice for the sake of our persecuted wildlife.”

Protect The Wild spoke to Wiltshire Hunt Saboteurs, whose role was instrumental in scoring this victory. The sabs said:

Wiltshire Sabs continued:

Yes your links have taken me down a rabbit hole, and it's shocking that some of these officers are actually fox hunters themselves. I swear they are not human - I get the feeling the hunt is like a sacrifice to their god. Shooting dogs that don't make the grade during the hunt, kicking and punching horses. These cannot be human beings or they simply are psychopaths in which case they will never change and all that can be done is make it difficult for them for the rest of eternity as legality doesn't stop them.

I found this documentary to be quite eye opening

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
338012154_164084539880943_7703415666014922992_n.jpg

''Emily from www.years.com here - Would you/ Do you leave your dog tied up outside of shops?!
👀

Today I saw an old lady leave her tiny terrier outside of Lidl as she went in to shop, I actually sat in my car and and kept an eye on the dog before she came back a whole 15 mins later!! I wanted to get out and tell her how vulnerable her little dog was all alone outside but I have done this before and got told to mind my own business
🙈

But it got me thinking- surely I'm not the only one who thinks this is crazy, outdated behaviour?! We sadly live in a world where dog theft is rife and what we maybe would have deemed acceptable 20 years ago, we most definitely shouldn't anymore.
Personally my dog is my most prized possession! And just like I wouldn't leave my iPhone, designer bag or car keys unattended outside a shop, I wouldn't dream of leaving my pup.''

338012154_164084539880943_7703415666014922992_n.jpg

''Emily from www.years.com here - Would you/ Do you leave your dog tied up outside of shops?!
👀

Today I saw an old lady leave her tiny terrier outside of Lidl as she went in to shop, I actually sat in my car and and kept an eye on the dog before she came back a whole 15 mins later!! I wanted to get out and tell her how vulnerable her little dog was all alone outside but I have done this before and got told to mind my own business
🙈

But it got me thinking- surely I'm not the only one who thinks this is crazy, outdated behaviour?! We sadly live in a world where dog theft is rife and what we maybe would have deemed acceptable 20 years ago, we most definitely shouldn't anymore.
Personally my dog is my most prized possession! And just like I wouldn't leave my iPhone, designer bag or car keys unattended outside a shop, I wouldn't dream of leaving my pup.''
I've heard that thieves use them as bait for training their fighting dogs also. It's disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
339440464_550742857040354_4989389281791962685_n.jpg

Bluebell Bear enjoying the sun and doing well after her surgery-Little Pigs At Home Sanctuary

Wouldn't it be great if the next generation of vegans grew up to be vets (although I'm not 100% on what's involved during training, vivisection no doubt :-( ), maybe expensive operations wouldn't be such an issue. I can't wait for the operating table to be automated.

Wouldn't it be great if the next generation of vegans grew up to be vets (although I'm not 100% on what's involved during training, vivisection no doubt :-( ), maybe expensive operations wouldn't be such an issue. I can't wait for the operating table to be automated.

This little baby girl had pioneer surgery performed on her by a team of Bristol vets. She was on the brink of death (her sister died) as she had
been abused.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Roy R
crying-elephant-raju-rescued-chained-50-years-2.jpg

Raju cries when he was freed after living 50 years of hell.
''The elephant, realizing he was being saved, started to cry: “It was incredibly emotional. We knew in our hearts he realised he was being freed” – claims Pooja Binepal, one of the rescuers in an interview with Presspeople. “Tears began to roll down Raju’s face. Some no doubt were due to the pain but he also seemed to sense that change was coming. He felt hope for the first time” – says another rescuer Kartick.''

crying-elephant-raju-rescued-chained-50-years-2.jpg

Raju cries when he was freed after living 50 years of hell.
''The elephant, realizing he was being saved, started to cry: “It was incredibly emotional. We knew in our hearts he realised he was being freed” – claims Pooja Binepal, one of the rescuers in an interview with Presspeople. “Tears began to roll down Raju’s face. Some no doubt were due to the pain but he also seemed to sense that change was coming. He felt hope for the first time” – says another rescuer Kartick.''

This is such a great story to start the day - poor thing - Animal freedom fighters really are the pinnacle of society.

• Friendly