Question Thank-You

J

Jimbobbob

I wanted to post here to say a big thank you to the people that run this page for creating this page.

I have posted questions on other sites and have been banned almost immediately(I was never rude or did I argue against vegetarianism). I was getting to the point of having to pretend to be vegetarian in order to get any information to satisfy my curiosity. When I asked a question on this page I resived a swift responce from Andy_T which was very informative and contained many links for further reading this was very much appriciated and very welcome change from the blanket ban on other sites.

I fully understand why the post was moved to this new section and just wanted to say a big thank you to you all on here for listening to my email responce and created this page so curios people who are not vegetarian can ask questions to real people who live this lifestile.

Many Thanks

Reactions: Scorpius and KLS52
Just wanted to say I'm sorry for having to ban you - you seemed perfectly genuine with your question - but them's the rules :p

Your thread sparked the conversation that led to the creation of this section, though - so hopefully you stick around to use it! :)

Reactions: KLS52
I hope so too.
Just wanted to say I'm sorry for having to ban you - you seemed perfectly genuine with your question - but them's the rules :p

Your thread sparked the conversation that led to the creation of this section, though - so hopefully you stick around to use it! :)

I also hope that you come back. It's perfectly normal to ask questions.

Reactions: KLS52
Hi, Jimbobbob- I'm glad your question was answered. I was going to post something there but someone else had already posted what I was going to write.

I've been on a number of message boards, and some of them had nonvegetarian members. It often happened that the nonvegetarians (and sometimes the vegetarians!) went out of their way to antagonize each other with trolling posts. It wasn't much fun in my opinion. As I see it, vegetarian message boards often block non-vegetarians from posting so that sort of trolling nonsense doesn't happen. I think there are plenty of omnis who would be interested in posting on a veg message board, and would have lots of good points to make- but the jerks ruined it for them.

Many of us here came from another vegetarian message board (VeggieBoards); there was some talk over there about setting up a section where non-vegetarians could be members and post, but I don't think anything like that has been started yet.

Reactions: Andy_T
Nevertheless, we have now installed a new area "Ask us a question!" where non-vegetarian people are allowed to post questions - as a direct result of your question.

Please feel free to ask other questions there!

Last edited: