Ten Brands That Will Disappear in 2014

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ten-b...hbGx5Zml0BHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3?page=all

Now, these are financial predictions, not a peek into the future. Any one of these brands could still be around when 2015 arrives. But I've seen companies go out of business that at one time seemed financially healthy, at least to a casual observer such as myself. Brands such as Circuit City and Linens 'n Things. So these brands really could disappear.

The only company I'd really miss would be JC Penney, cause I like their clothes. The others I don't really care about.

Yeah, JC Penney is on a big downward slide, I was appalled a month or so ago when I tried to pick up some casual work clothes for my boys. Horrible.

Reactions: thefadedone
Yeah, JC Penney is on a big downward slide, I was appalled a month or so ago when I tried to pick up some casual work clothes for my boys. Horrible.

I made the mistake of going in there last summer . Their clothes have totally gone down hill. I never really shopped there on a regular basis , but would go if I had a gift card. Their clothes are such poor quality now. Paper thin material that looks like it would probably come unraveled after one washing. They made a huge mistake when the took away their coupon offers and "revamped" their image, merchandise, and store set up.

If Penny's closed in our town that would only leave Sears and Khols for department stores here. After the department store Gottschalks closed. And I really liked that store. They were like a small Macys. I try to buy as little as possible new as I've mentioned before. But sometimes a retail store is needed and the selection is getting worse and worse.

I'd be more upset if my favorite thrift shop closed down. :D

Reactions: thefadedone
Some of these predictions may end up being not-accurate.

A possible reason why JC Penney made the list:

tumblr_mnipgxpVlD1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

It's a damned good optical illusion, I'll give you that. :p First you see Hitler, and then when you refocus you see the kettle. The billboard has been taken down already, but thanks to the interwebz, JCP will have to live down the embarrassment for quite a while, methinks.

I see a tea kettle not hiltler in the picture of the billboard. Anyhow I don't go to JCpenny's no more i used to love it but, December 2011 my husband and I was going to go up to IL for Christmas and we wanted to get me a nice coat and we went there because they were having coat sale well, they didn't have none my size and they didn't have them big enough, I even tried the mens coats and still was little small on me.