St Patrick's Day

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
What are your plans? I will be cooking up some new recipes ,listening to Irish-y stuff on Youtube,and wearing green, of course.

BlessingWishangel.gif

No plans to speak of. I saw a recipe for corned beef and cabbage made with seitan that looked interesting. But I'm more likely to make something sweet and green, lol.

:D

I was going to go to our local pun (which is owned by an Irish couple) but really need an early night so probably won't now.

Google page looks cute today.

I went to the pub last night. I hope everyone here knows that Guinness is not vegetarian before anyone tries to drink any! Anyway I was driving so just had coke, but I wore a green dress. some friends are going to the London parade today but its too rainy and im not Irish enough (or at all) to bother with it.

I have to work a long shift today on a gorgeous sunny day. :( No plans at all; just a normal Sunday evening watching The Walking Dead. :D

I went to the pub last night. I hope everyone here knows that Guinness is not vegetarian before anyone tries to drink any! Anyway I was driving so just had coke, but I wore a green dress. some friends are going to the London parade today but its too rainy and im not Irish enough (or at all) to bother with it.

That's what I discovered when planning a stew recipe.

I started out the day with veganized Bailey's Irish cream 'n coffee. Then just Bailey's Irish cream...though I began to wonder why Bailey should have a drink named after him that has, after all - no cream. Fair play though. Celtic Crush on Sirius all day long - what a treat. By 4pm I was deep into the stout and cooking up the makings of corned seitan beef. It was soon devoured. Then the whiskey. Oh Liffey, how I love thee. Cheers VV. Cheers world. Mods: feel free to move to the drunk posting thread. :)

For my St. Patrick's Day dinner, I roasted a potato, some red cabbage, carrot and onion, and as a corned beef substitute I marinated some tofu in liquid aminos, tahini, mustard, horseradish and a little liquid smoke and baked it. I plan to repeat the same for dinner tonight, so needless to say, it was tasty.

Reactions: sallyomally