Post your nature photos

I always thought they were mourning doves until a few years ago. I mostly see them in the morning, too. I have all kinds of birds that try to commit suicide when I'm driving...I'm constantly braking for them. Luckily our speed limit is 25 in the residential areas. I feel bad for the person behind me, trying to do 40, who decides to tailgate. We have quite a few of those.
They are called mourning doves. I was kidding when I said morning because that's when they seem so active

Reactions: KLS52
They are called mourning doves. I was kidding when I said morning because that's when they seem so active
I knew what you meant. 😊 Unfortunately, I meant to type that I always thought they were “morning“ doves and only recently found out that it’s mourning. I didn’t realize I accidentally typed “mourning”… I really messed this one up... Just ignore me at this point, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: silva
I knew what you meant. 😊 Unfortunately, I meant to type that I always thought they were “morning“ doves and only recently found out that it’s mourning. I didn’t realize I accidentally typed “mourning”… I really messed this one up... Just ignore me at this point, lol.
mourning doves do sound sad.

Reactions: KLS52
So last night I went on a docent led hike. Its focus was on the class Arachnids.

Last year in the same place we did spot many tarantulas, and even coaxed one out of its burrow, but we didn't even see any of their nests. We did see plenty of their smaller cousins. we saw some nests Calisogas (small tarantulas) , but we only got a brief glimpse of one of those. we did see plenty of other Arachnids, including an example of every order.

The best thing about the hike was the scorpions. I didn’t know that scorpions fluoresce in ultraviolet light. We had almost one UV flashlight for every couple of hikers. So you could basically walk along the trail shining a light onto the side. We spotted so many - I lost track.

I’m not sure what color thy are naturally. Probably brown. But this is what they look like with UV light. They are like an inch long. Very easy to spot with the UV light. the trail we were on was good habitat for them.

IMG_2588.jpg