pet safe spider traps/poison

Sax

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was recently bitten by a brown recluse and it's developed into a serious wound...just got back from another appointment for it today and there's a dead recluse on my window sill one of my cats got.

I've always killed brown recluses when I spot them but obviously that isn't enough. I'm about to clean/declutter my apartment and spread diatomaceous earth around but having DE powder all over the place isn't a long term solution.

What are you guys using to trap and/or kill bugs you can't coexist with?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
the diatomeceous earth is a good solution, also baking soda works and they really don't like strong scents like essential oils especially eucalyptus so maybe some rags or pieces of cloth with the scents on them laid around in the areas they may come in could help them to choose another location?

I just did the baking soda/icing sugar thing with ants and it helped but they disappeared completely, within a day, once I bought the commercial small ant traps and I haven't seen one since, so not really sure which did the job.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Sax
We use these types of traps for fleas (also somewhat effective for catching the small "ankle-biter" mosquitos): Amazon.com : Victor Safer Brand M230A Ultimate Flea Trap, 1 Pack : Home Pest Control Traps : Garden & Outdoor

I don't know that it would work on spiders. We rarely see spiders in the trap.

If your pet is very curious, they might get their nose stuck on the sticky paper (not sure how sticky it is).

Note: We don't have any animal friends at home. We think the fleas come in from outdoors, because there are possums and raccoons in our neighborhood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and Sax