Not Quick Enough

Humble Carrot

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello compassionate readers. While at a restaurant ordering food, I sat and waited for my tofu, rice, and veggies to be made. And while waiting, I listed to what other people were ordering. In that 10 to 15 minute time span, not once did I hear another Vegan order.

I was disheartened to say the least. I feel we, humanity, are not moving in the right direction fast enough. Every day, every minute, every second, our world is being destroyed. It has taken billions of years for this beautiful planet to be created and humanity has managed to ruin it in only a few hundred years. Think about that....And for what? Money? At the end of the day, what is money? It's paper. Our benevolent animal friends are being murdered, imprisoned, used, and tortured. This is happening every damn day. They are made to suffer for money and because people who eat them say "they taste good". The earth is on its last legs of supporting all life. Human beings are slowly killing themselves with meat consumption. Yet, none of this seems to matter to most people. They are disconnected from the reality of ALL things.

Some people don't want to know what reality is. Some people want to believe the fake reports that come from meat sponsored "scientists".

Have we forgotten where we come from? Have we forgotten we were created by the greatest power in the universe and given the most beautiful qualities such as love, compassion, empathy, forgiveness ect.

It's sad to say, but I have lost faith in humanity. Killing, murdering, using, and hating is the theme of human beings now. Nonetheless, I will and I must continue trying to convince my friends and family to adopt a loving Vegan diet. I must do this for our animal friends, our world, and the health and well being of our loved ones.

I'm sorry if my rant is negative. I had to speak my mind unfiltered.

Yes you are right.
And yes its pretty bad but there are bright spots.

Lets just concentrate on those.

Lets look at the dairy aisle in the supermarket. See all those non-dairy alternatives. They represent a change in people.

And if you go to a restaurant, and ask for something vegan, its unlikely your server will ask, "what's that?"

Things ARE changing. Maybe slowly but still. its like those people who are on weight loss diets and complain about how slowly they are losing weight. It took you years to gain all that weight - why do you think you could lose it in a month?

Kearney, an American global management consulting firm (with no apparent links to either the meat industry or to the veg products industry) is projecting that conventional meat will comprise only 40% of the global meat market by 2040. Their analysis states that this change will be driven by novel meat replacements (hyper-realistic plant-based "meat"), and by cultured (cellular / vat-grown) meat.

Link to full report: https://www.kearney.com/documents/2...b-63a1-71d2-c081-51c07ab88ad1?t=1559860712714

However, this change will require the continued work of biologists, engineers, food scientists, marketers, and business people. The way to really make more veganism happen is to get a job with these up-and-coming "alternative meat" companies.

1603734886028.png

The question is how long to shovel information into their systems they can choose to process or not before they've killed themselves. If they kill themselves this is where it ends, (I know how this ends, we have people in the family that have ended it with food.) if they process it and act on it, they find some hope. Few people document the difference between pain or no pain, or hope versus no hope so no one seems to know. For a period of months, my husband processed it, decided it was bad information or undoable information. He wasn't willing. I accepted that. (I'm also not good at documenting the successes, of no pain, of better blood pressure, seems no one wants to hear the successes you have so only the injury matters to most.) Then he had the heart attack. Then the mistake was identified. Then the information was processed. Then his decisions were different. Now he's an advocate for eating this way.

What's wrong is our cultural and family and media teaching the wrong things. I can't say I'm any better at recognizing success and documenting it than anyone else, I'm not a sales person. If I had only known differently, then I would have done things differently. Change is hard for everyone. There are so many regrets.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Yes you are right.
And yes its pretty bad but there are bright spots.

Lets just concentrate on those.

Lets look at the dairy aisle in the supermarket. See all those non-dairy alternatives. They represent a change in people.

And if you go to a restaurant, and ask for something vegan, its unlikely your server will ask, "what's that?"

Things ARE changing. Maybe slowly but still. its like those people who are on weight loss diets and complain about how slowly they are losing weight. It took you years to gain all that weight - why do you think you could lose it in a month?
Hi Lou,

I agree. Things are changing and I see it in the news frequently. However, our poor animal friends are still imprisoned in these slaughter houses and are being murdered as we speak.....Usually, I can block out these thoughts. But lately, I've been thinking about them often. Humans want peace but they don't express it in their daily lives aka how they eat.

Kearney, an American global management consulting firm (with no apparent links to either the meat industry or to the veg products industry) is projecting that conventional meat will comprise only 40% of the global meat market by 2040. Their analysis states that this change will be driven by novel meat replacements (hyper-realistic plant-based "meat"), and by cultured (cellular / vat-grown) meat.

Link to full report: https://www.kearney.com/documents/2...b-63a1-71d2-c081-51c07ab88ad1?t=1559860712714

However, this change will require the continued work of biologists, engineers, food scientists, marketers, and business people. The way to really make more veganism happen is to get a job with these up-and-coming "alternative meat" companies.

1603734886028.png
This is fantastic new David. People are changing. But my frustration lies with the pace of change. People who consume meat say that their choices have no effect on others. However, their consumption of meat does have major negative effects on the earth. And because I also live on this earth, it does effect me directly.

The question is how long to shovel information into their systems they can choose to process or not before they've killed themselves. If they kill themselves this is where it ends, (I know how this ends, we have people in the family that have ended it with food.) if they process it and act on it, they find some hope. Few people document the difference between pain or no pain, or hope versus no hope so no one seems to know. For a period of months, my husband processed it, decided it was bad information or undoable information. He wasn't willing. I accepted that. (I'm also not good at documenting the successes, of no pain, of better blood pressure, seems no one wants to hear the successes you have so only the injury matters to most.) Then he had the heart attack. Then the mistake was identified. Then the information was processed. Then his decisions were different. Now he's an advocate for eating this way.

What's wrong is our cultural and family and media teaching the wrong things. I can't say I'm any better at recognizing success and documenting it than anyone else, I'm not a sales person. If I had only known differently, then I would have done things differently. Change is hard for everyone. There are so many regrets.

Hi Feather. I'm sorry for your loss with family members due to diet. I'm happy that your husband changed. Sometimes it does take a catastrophic event to occur before that happens. Sometimes that catastrophic event ends someone's life before they have the chance to make the necessary change.

I agree that "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink". However, for our animal friends whom we are stewards of, I must continue to "lead the horses to water". I do this is a positive way. Not shaming people or saying that they are bad for consuming meat. Like you mentioned, meat consumption is just a culture, a habit that can be changed.

This is fantastic new David. People are changing. But my frustration lies with the pace of change. People who consume meat say that their choices have no effect on others. However, their consumption of meat does have major negative effects on the earth. And because I also live on this earth, it does effect me directly.
Yes, it's great that some people are changing! However, Kearney's projected drop in conventional meat market-share is driven by technology advances: the development of hyper-realistic vegan meats and cultured (cellular / vat-grown) meat.

Aren't people stubborn? In the United States, we've been trying for 40+ years to get people to drive smaller cars, to carpool, and to use bicycles and mass transit. It hasn't worked, and so it's now become necessary to address the problem through electric vehicle technology combined with clean electricity.

Last edited:
Hello compassionate readers. While at a restaurant ordering food, I sat and waited for my tofu, rice, and veggies to be made. And while waiting, I listed to what other people were ordering. In that 10 to 15 minute time span, not once did I hear another Vegan order.

I was disheartened to say the least. I feel we, humanity, are not moving in the right direction fast enough. Every day, every minute, every second, our world is being destroyed. It has taken billions of years for this beautiful planet to be created and humanity has managed to ruin it in only a few hundred years. Think about that....And for what? Money? At the end of the day, what is money? It's paper. Our benevolent animal friends are being murdered, imprisoned, used, and tortured. This is happening every damn day. They are made to suffer for money and because people who eat them say "they taste good". The earth is on its last legs of supporting all life. Human beings are slowly killing themselves with meat consumption. Yet, none of this seems to matter to most people. They are disconnected from the reality of ALL things.

Some people don't want to know what reality is. Some people want to believe the fake reports that come from meat sponsored "scientists".

Have we forgotten where we come from? Have we forgotten we were created by the greatest power in the universe and given the most beautiful qualities such as love, compassion, empathy, forgiveness ect.

It's sad to say, but I have lost faith in humanity. Killing, murdering, using, and hating is the theme of human beings now. Nonetheless, I will and I must continue trying to convince my friends and family to adopt a loving Vegan diet. I must do this for our animal friends, our world, and the health and well being of our loved ones.

I'm sorry if my rant is negative. I had to speak my mind unfiltered.
Hello, i totally agree with every word you wrote!! Feel the same, from what i read in your words. But the only hope in not becoming misantrophic and totally depressed, is that there are people like you and all the other hard working vegans, who are good people for all beings on this earth and who are not blinded by carnism (Melanie Joy). We are with far to few a people. That's sometimes depressing. But we most go on indeed, especcially for the animals, but also for nature and the planet. Love all good people, like you.

Reactions: Humble Carrot
Hello, i totally agree with every word you wrote!! Feel the same, from what i read in your words. But the only hope in not becoming misantrophic and totally depressed, is that there are people like you and all the other hard working vegans, who are good people for all beings on this earth and who are not blinded by carnism (Melanie Joy). We are with far to few a people. That's sometimes depressing. But we most go on indeed, especcially for the animals, but also for nature and the planet. Love all good people, like you.
Hi Mieke. It's people like you and others members of VF that lift my spirits. Generally, I am a positive person. I don't know what It was that day that caused me to spiral into anger and hopelessness. That negativity is NOT what I'm about. But that was me expressing my frustration.

Reactions: Vegan forever Mieke
Hi Mieke. It's people like you and others members of VF that lift my spirits. Generally, I am a positive person. I don't know what It was that day that caused me to spiral into anger and hopelessness. That negativity is NOT what I'm about. But that was me expressing my frustration.
Understand it totally