New vegan, new symptoms.

Gharrissnewme

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi
I'm 14 weeks vegetarian and 10 days vegan. I chose to do this for health benefits as I suffer with chronic Ibs and reflux. I have noticed a vast improvement, however I'm starting to feel a little fatigued and have as of 2 days ago noticed my tongue is sore and has white patches on it. Is this something anyone else has experienced before?
Many thanks.

I'm not a dr, but that sounds like thrush. Call your dr, he can give you a rinse to cure that. Its a fungal infection , i think. Best of luck

Reactions: Lou
Hi
I'm 14 weeks vegetarian and 10 days vegan. I chose to do this for health benefits as I suffer with chronic Ibs and reflux. I have noticed a vast improvement, however I'm starting to feel a little fatigued and have as of 2 days ago noticed my tongue is sore and has white patches on it. Is this something anyone else has experienced before?
Many thanks.

hello @Gharrissnewme and welcome to the forum

Congrats on your transition to veganism and many of us also did so initially for health reasons.

None of us are medical professionals and so please, if you are concerned you may wish to schedule a visit with a medical professional as your fatigue and tongue issues may have nothing to do with your diet.

Fatigue could be because you are not eating enough calories? Cronometer, is an online app that allows you to track your intake and your vitamins / minerals etc and so you may wish to consider entering your food for a week, or so, to check that you are eating enough.

Please keep us up to date and we wish you good health!

Emma JC