Eggplant
Honeydew
Grapefruit
Cantaloupe
Cauliflower
These 12 Fruits and Vegetables Have the Most Pesticides! - DavidWolfe.com

Reactions: KLS52
Time for a bump

Over one billion pounds of pesticides are used in the United States each year and this year's tests from the USDA found that residues of potentially harmful chemical pesticides are on nearly 70% of the non-organic fresh produce sold in the country. And, if you think you're in the clear because you wash your produce before you eat it, the tests were only completed after researchers washed, scrubbed, and peeled all the fruits and vegetables just as you would.
However, not all conventionally-grown (or non-organic) produce is heavily tainted with pesticides. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) put together a list of these items called the Clean Fifteen, which is included in the organization's annual Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce.

You can put the Dirty Dozen and the Clean Fifteen in your wallet

The app "The Dirty Dozen" that I have had on my phone for years doesn't work anymore. You can use the "Healthy Living" app from EWG instead - but I think its sort of too complicated.

Attachments

• 3895.pdf
    230.9 KB · Views: 1
This is why I buy organic over local. Even if you by the "clean" non-organic produce, the pesticides and herbicides used can cause soil nutrient depletion and throw off nearby natural ecosystems. I would like it if the USDA would also test organic produce, just to see how much less pesticides are present, as some travel through wind and water and will be present in organic produce in at least trace amounts.

Reactions: Lou
Even if you are not concerned with your own health, vegans should buy organic for the health of the fishes that live in the rivers downstream from the farms.

Reactions: 500channelsurfer