Lord of the Rings Online

It looks pretty good and plays alright. Beware though you have to buy the expansions with turbine points so it's not really free to play. If you don't mind spending a few bucks and if you're a fan of the books and the movies then i guess you'll like it. You can also earn turbine points ingame with achievements. Some say you can buy everything with what you get ingame (but you'll have to do alot of grinding though)

I lost interest the moment codemasters ditched the european servers of LotrO. It was not possible for me to switch my CM account to a Turbine account :mad:

I play it regularly. I love this game.

It's entirely possible to play for free. You can get Turbine Points by completing deeds in game, but it can take a long time! It is possible though as there are people on the forums who claim to have done it.

You can spend a lot of time playing to unlock stuff with TP, or you can spend some money once in a while. I prefer to spend a little money here and there.

It looks pretty good and plays alright. Beware though you have to buy the expansions with turbine points so it's not really free to play. If you don't mind spending a few bucks and if you're a fan of the books and the movies then i guess you'll like it. You can also earn turbine points ingame with achievements. Some say you can buy everything with what you get ingame (but you'll have to do alot of grinding though)

I lost interest the moment codemasters ditched the european servers of LotrO. It was not possible for me to switch my CM account to a Turbine account :mad:

It WAS possible to migrate the European Codemasters accounts to Turbine, but you had to do it yourself and before a certain date. If you missed the deadline, then there was nothing else Turbine could do as they didn't have the data necessary.

Cool beans. I may just have to try playing then.

Cool! Let me know if you start playing. I have a lower lvl char on Arkenstone server I can get on to help you out. :)

I love LOTR

I might try it out myself, maybe there's an internet gamer in me somewhere yearning to break free.

It WAS possible to migrate the European Codemasters accounts to Turbine, but you had to do it yourself and before a certain date. If you missed the deadline, then there was nothing else Turbine could do as they didn't have the data necessary.
Yeah i know. For me the customer support during the transition was terrible (ended up making a new account).

I have played LOTR but I am sorry to say I just couldn't get into it. I LOVE the books and the movies, but this game was a huge disappointment to me. I am an Everquest II gamer and sadly LOTR did not live up to the quality I expected.
I am now a huge fan of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Great game!!

I have played LOTR but I am sorry to say I just couldn't get into it. I LOVE the books and the movies, but this game was a huge disappointment to me. I am an Everquest II gamer and sadly LOTR did not live up to the quality I expected.
I am now a huge fan of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Great game!!

Huh. Many people who are big book/movie fans are claiming that the reason they like it so much is because it stuck so well to the details.

Huh. Many people who are big book/movie fans are claiming that the reason they like it so much is because it stuck so well to the details.

The details of the game are not the problem for me. I just found the play frustrating; for example the maps do not show enough detail and I found it difficult to find my way around .. maybe it is just me being dense... who knows?? :D I may try it again sometime.