Is it okay to wear my old sheepskin?

Is it okay to wear an old sheepskin jacket?

• Total voters
I am going through the same angst - I have leather coats which I have donated to charity but I also have a pair of DMs and sofa cushions and duvet that are stuffed with feathers...... I am not going to throw them out..... I am very aware of them..... I loved them before I became vegan.... and now they serve as a reminder of how detached I was from the reality of what i bought and used.... when they are worn out I will replace them with 'vegan' products.

I am certainly painfully aware now of where my boots came from..... and I think its better to wear than to discard them.

I am struggling to deal with the fact that I didnt turn Vegan earlier in life though...... that is a really tough one

Laura x

Don't worry about it, I didn't become vegan until I was nearly sixty and couldn't believe how I hadn't seen the light before. It makes us more tolerant of others who are struggling. Just look to the future, it's all you can do. I will wear my non-vegan stuff until it wears out, that way I will not have to worry about the ethics of keeping them in circulation. We are still in the vanguard, one day these struggles will not be necessary. Well, that is my hope.

Reactions: sharla86 and LauraC