I Have 400+ Orange Juice Cartons in my Attic...

Music Platter

Barefoot in the City
Reaction score
...And seriously, I need to find a use for them, as my mom would like the space back.

A few years ago, I started collecting orange juice cartons, with the dream of eventually creating a flying, balloon-suspended zeppelin. I figured I could always figure out how to build the boat later.

I still don't know anything about the construction of boats, and I wouldn't know how to stabilize it.

Any ideas on where to start?

If this doesn't work, then I will either have to recycle them, or make them into a sculpture, or something.:shrug:

Do you have a fireplace in your home? If so, you can use them as kindling.

Donate them to an art school and let the students use them for arts and crafts.

Whatever you decide, I recommend doing something with them pretty quickly, as they are probably a fire hazard up there in your attic.

We don't have a fireplace, and I think that a bonfire would feel so wasteful.

I'm not sure if an art school would want them. I think they probably have some bacteria growing in them or something...:yuck: Maybe they would still want them.

If you have a lot of spare time on your hands:

http://spoonful.com/crafts/carton-wallet:D

Honestly though I would just recycle them.
Those are cool,faded!:cool:I have a friend that has a wallet made out of some kind of recycled paper like that.Except his looks like a pbj sandwich.He was told by the company he got his from that the more he uses it the paper becomes softer and more pliable.It's suppose to last a long time.But by looking at it you wouldn't think it would last long at all.

I don't know if these ones would last but they look durable.

Reactions: thefadedone

Honestly though I would just recycle them.

Hey, those are adorable! :D

Seriously, the OP would need a LOT of time with 400+ cartons, but assuming he does and is motivated, he could make a LOT of carton wallets and sell them for a decent price. Make some money for his college fund. :D

Reactions: thefadedone
Those are cool,faded!:cool:I have a friend that has a wallet made out of some kind of recycled paper like that.Except his looks like a pbj sandwich.He was told by the company he got his from that the more he uses it the paper becomes softer and more pliable.It's suppose to last a long time.But by looking at it you wouldn't think it would last long at all.

I don't know if these ones would last but they look durable.

That sounds really cool!

There's also the furniture idea:
chair_WKqRj_1822.jpg

Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile. . . but these are some great ideas that you guys came up with!

:lol: Wish I had the smarts to do this!

Hey, those are adorable! :D

Seriously, the OP would need a LOT of time with 400+ cartons, but assuming he does and is motivated, he could make a LOT of carton wallets and sell them for a decent price. Make some money for his college fund. :D
I don't know... Would any of you be interested in buying one of these? I'm not sure myself.

That sounds really cool!

There's also the furniture idea:

I feel like these would be cool looking in a restaurant, or in some public place. My dad has a restaurant, but it's outside. Not sure how weather-resistant these cartons are.

Make a boat.

:yes: This is more along my original line of thinking. But wouldn't the cartons eventually just fall apart?

Again, thanks for all the ideas everyone! :up: