shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
An interesting article which may help newbies and those who are in a rut:

1651387489761.png

"No matter what you eat, it is important that you eat a well-balanced diet. Understanding how to do this is important to ensure good health. So, what should we include to ensure our healthy plant-based diet has no nutritional gaps."

An easy way to make sure you are getting all of your nutrition is to keep a food diary for a few weeks on cronometer.com

When you type in what you ate you get told all of the nutrients you got and didn't get.

You can remedy deficits by typing in "top sources of ____" into DuckDuckGo.com and picking vegan choices to include in your diet.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
An easy way to make sure you are getting all of your nutrition is to keep a food diary for a few weeks on cronometer.com
Although I am a huge proponent of CronOmeter, it's not for everyone.
Some people I have recommended it to were recovering anorexics and it was triggering.
Even more people just aren't organized or methodical enough to use it correctly.
For those something like the article above is a good place to start. Or maybe something a little less general like Gregar's Daily Dozen.

So sort of serendipitous, I got an email just now form Eat This Much. I had played around with this years ago. Its sort of like SparkPeople's meal planner but with less distractions and Eat This Much has a vegan button.

If any transitioning vegan is struggling with getting enough calories this is a pretty good tool. I think of it as Cronometer but in reverse. Instead of telling CronOmeter what you ate today, EatThisMuch tells you what to eat tomorrow.

I only used it for the two week trial period. It still works after two weeks but most of the really cool features are locked out in the free version. And the premium version is $9/mo or $60/year.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC