Homemade Soy Yogurt

beforewisdom

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
In the US there are very few brands of soy milk left.

What brand(s) do you use for making soy yogurt?

What equipment do you like to use?

Trader Joes carton soy beverage that's just soybeans and water. They've had production issues, so I call before I go, and buy like 6 at a time.
West soy 2 quart cartons are still at Walmarts last I checked.
Whole Foods has their 365 brand, but I don't shop there
I haven't looked for Edensoy, but that's another beans and water milk

I do about 11 to 12 hours in the Instant Pot (Duo 6)
I shake the carton well, pour some out in a clean 7 cup Pyrex bowl. This leaves room for the foam created by shaking.
I then add one probiotic cap contents to the carton and shake very well, and add to the bowl.
Set directly in bottom of the IP pot. Use a plate to cover the top
Select yogurt button, being sure it's on the yogurt setting,not the low or the boil
I leave it for more time than I want because it counts up, that way I know how long it's been going
Let it sit without disturbing the contents to cool in fridge. Do not stir or spoon before it's chilled or it seperates a lot
I've actually had better success with individual jars, because every time you spoon some out it seperates a bit, but I like the bowl because I use one cup right off for cheese, then I strain in a wire mesh lined with paper towel

I haven't looked for Edensoy, but that's another beans and water milk

Eden has great products. Their CEO also spoke out against and fought the Affordable Care Act, because he is a Cathlolic, he didn't his employees using their healthcare to get reproductive health services.

You make up your own mind.

I stopped using Eden products.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
Eden has great products. Their CEO also spoke out against and fought the Affordable Care Act, because he is a Cathlolic, he didn't his employees using their healthcare to get reproductive health services.

You make up your own mind.

I stopped using Eden products.
I agree on that! I just never used any of their products
I actually have a soy milk maker, but all the tips I've used, I can never make yogurt as good!
I've tried doubling the amount of beans.Triple straining. I've heard this from others too. Just comes out like kefir

That is my concern, as I have heard the same from friends.

I made my own soy milk decades ago with a food processor. The soy milk out of that process was *thick*.

I wonder if the soy milk makers dilute the soy milk with water.

I've heard soy milk makers are a pain to clean up, so I might just get a food processor which is also a pain to clean up.

That is my concern, as I have heard the same from friends.

I made my own soy milk decades ago with a food processor. The soy milk out of that process was *thick*.

I wonder if the soy milk makers dilute the soy milk with water.

I've heard soy milk makers are a pain to clean up, so I might just get a food processor which is also a pain to clean up.
I don't know, mine was typically normal, but I'd heard you want more protein in it for yogurt so I tried thicker, to no difference
I have a SoyaJoy that's pretty easy to clean. Vinegar and dishsoap and a brush for the blades. I put it away because I really only use soy milk for yogurt, my son prefers oatmilk now. I got tired of using all the okara, and straining is the worst part