Have you managed to convert anyone to Veganism

Anonymous1502

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I haven’t managed to convert anyone even to vegetarianism let alone veganism.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
Me neither. But I really haven't it on my agenda either. But I have gotten more people to eat more greens, veg*an options and even can join me on vegan restaurants.

Reactions: Val and Lou
So far I have only convinced one person of changing over to a vegan lifestyle, and they're still going strong. I don't make it a mission though. If someone asks me about it, I will share what I know. In this case, it was a relative, so the support was ongoing. They've been vegan now for two years...actually this June marks two years.

Before anyone asks, the reason was for the health benefits, initially. Having said that, after two years of being vegan, my relative has now educated herself on the ethical and environmental reasons as well. She is a lifer now, like me.

My husband eats meat maybe once a year now and eats vegetarian or vegan food the rest of the time.

But, no, never converted anyone.

Reactions: Val
I have! And I've never intended to. I think that's why it happened.

My philosophy has always been that I respect other people's choices and I don't actively advocate veganism / vegetarianism. I know that the practicality of it can vary widely for personal reasons, so I don't judge people.

But it tends to come up. Eating is a public activity, so people become aware of what I'm eating.

I think the reason I get so many questions is because I don't make a point of talking about it. This probably makes people feel comfortable asking questions. I don't judge them. I counter the image of the preachy vegetarian.

People see the health benefits that I experience from it, and they want to try it, and I offer useful info.

Countless people have given up meat after talking to me. I don't keep count, and I don't follow up and find out if they stuck with it because I consider it none of my business.

I was basically converted by my cousin. She went near-vegan when we were 11. I think of it as paying it forward. I'm available as a source of info and encouragement should people choose to seek that out.

One person did go vegetarian probably because of me, but it didn't last, but I think she will go back. My parents and my brother eat less meat (but not zero) and it seems to me because of me.

I've even not tried, it's useless, people should be conscious without your thoughts and convincing speaches

• Friendly
I have not yet succeeded in converting anyone to veganism. Instead am receiving hate, with persons close to me terming my feeding habit "weird" and claiming that I have no idea what am missing (as if poultry, dairy and the like are the holy grail). Anyways, one of my uncles recently became fully vegan after being diagnosed with high blood pressure. It seems most people eventually become vegan (trying to eat healthy) when disease strikes.

I'm not vegan, so I never tried. But I can say some people tried with me: talking to a wall would be more succesfull. Only drank alcohol 4-5 times if I remember correctly (I was about 16), never smoked and never took a single drug. People tried to convice me to do it: they failed as well.

I'm not vegan, so I never tried. But I can say some people tried with me: talking to a wall would be more succesfull. Only drank alcohol 4-5 times if I remember correctly (I was about 16), never smoked and never took a single drug. People tried to convice me to do it: they failed as well.

Not interested in going vegetarian or vegan?

Not sure it's valid to compare drug use with following a vegetarian or vegan diet.

Not interested in going vegetarian or vegan?

Not sure it's valid to compare drug use with following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Honestly i doubt it. If I go vegetarian/vegan will be my decision, not because someone convinced me.

Well, they are lifestyles different about what "people consider normal". Some people accept your decision, some people don't.

Kind of, sort of, maybe. My wife and I were both omnis when we met. But she had been vegetarian for several years just a few years before then.

I had been interested in vegetarian and vegan lifestyles but didn’t know anyone who was, so it was undoubtedly one of her qualities I found attractive.

After we’d been together for about two years, I suggested we both transition to vegan and she eagerly accepted. It would be new to both of us and I knew I could learn a great deal from her.

So it was my suggestion but I never could have done this without her help. Three years later, here we are.

PeTA and Vegan Forum converted me to being vegan. This network of people enabled me to become vegan. The task of converting a person should be a community project and not a burden for any single individual.

I am concerned that I might backslide to eating meats and cheeses. So if you support me in my goal of staying vegan, maybe you have already done more than enough.

My friend kind of converted me by linking "meet your meat" to her myspace (I'm so old) now she eats meat and I'm veg. :joy:
How the tables turn, huh?
My sister showed me factory farm videos when I was 14, never went veg herself. One day we even played a Mc Donalds simulator.