Going vegan

I'll try that dip! I thought of trying to bake some bread this weekend. I found a recepie on FB on a cornbread, and I want to try on a banana bread. Glutenfree and vegan of cause.
That cornbread looks really tasty. I think I'll be experimenting with that one. Thanks.

Liked the 21 things that happen when you don't eat meat -although I've never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

When I gave up dairy I wanted to find something I could have on bread rather than cheese or butter. As well as hummus I love this recipe, it's so easy and I always have a pot of it in my fridge:

Garlic & white bean dip/spread:

2 garlic cloves, skin on
400g can of white beans such as butter beans
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsps olive oïl
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
sea salt & black Pepper

Grill the garlic cloves for 2-3 minutes until roasted. Remove the skins and blitz the cloves with all the other ingredients.
That sounds great! Love roasted garlic.

You need to try a PBJ sandwich! :D

How are you getting on with your gluten-free explorations Mikkel?
I've stayed off gluten and have been experimenting (with varied success) but feeling so good without it.

How are you getting on with your gluten-free explorations Mikkel?
I've stayed off gluten and have been experimenting (with varied success) but feeling so good without it.

I have only tried to bake muffins from a little while ago, and corn bread. But I have to try som more stuff.

I cheat sometimes, but after listening to a Podcast, where they compared it with being 90% pregnant, I'm going to stop to cheat. :p I get pain in joints and muscles when I eat gluten, and when I cheat a little here, and a little there, sometimes it's too much and my body react on it.

Reactions: Trinity
Yeah. I thik so. Both for the vegan part, and the glutenfree part.

Most of my bloodtest are fine too. I have a lack in vitamin D (as all other Norwegians have in the winter :p ), but also a little high on red bloodcells. They don't know why yet, but I really don't think they can put that on my diet. :p

Trinity can get that I think! :)

I've ordered a couple of glutenfree and vegan cookbooks on Ebay. I only have one glutenfree cookbook with baking, but it's not vegan. But when I'm getting better at the vegan part in baking, I guess it's easy to make those recepies vegan.

Thanks! Really interesting.

Cheating are never good for our body... So I need to stop that... Planning meals for trips and work gets really important!

Last edited:
I saw my doctor today. We talked about my joint and muscles pains, diet and that I'm probably have fibromyalgia. But I know leaky gut and gluten can be one of the things that causes fibromyalgia, so yeah. No more cheating! She's very positive about a vegan diet. And my mom's new doctor was really excited when she told that I'm going to be a vegan, and he told there was so much health benefits for vegans! So it's obviuos that some doctors are a bit updated on nutrition! I don't know why it was important for my mom to talk about that with her doctor, but I hope it pushes her more against the vegan part. :p

We discussed my "fit" I had during the Christmas (since I have no better word for what happened), and she agreed that being a gluten free, sugar free, alcohole free vegan was probably the best I could do, and being active a lot and drink a lot of water. I also have learned that the better you are in shape when you get ill, the better you are in shape after things happens.

Reactions: thefadedone
Great that you have a definite diagnosis, Mikkel. Good luck with being strict!

My palate has definitely changed. I hoovered up a piece of leftover beetroot from my daughter's plate at lunchtime today, but it had been next to a piece of smoked mackerel and the taste nearly made me gag, whereas I used to love it.

Hello, I'm fairly new in this forum. This is just a youtube video recommendation about vegan lifestyle. Just found it while surfing. It's somewhat exotic, but has English subtitles: watch?v=0FyOTgD6gSs