News Gin Sales Soar - It's A Gin Craze

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
My favourite tipple is becoming even more popular. I also like pink gin made with a hint of strawberries. Another of my favourite ones that I tasted last Summer whilst in the UK was rhubarb & ginger flavoured gin.

"Gin sales have seen a “staggering” boost to reach a record 73 million bottles last year, figures show.
Sales broke £2 billion in 2018 – almost doubling in two years, according to the Wine and Spirit Trade
Association (WSTA) annual market report.
Previously unpublished figures show that sales of gin in the first quarter of the last two years peaked in

March in the run up to Mothering Sunday, suggesting it is a popular gift for women."

Top 25 British gin brands

`Staggering´ rise in gin sales sees record 73 million... | Daily Mail Online

I love a Tanqueray and tonic with a twist of lime, especially in the summer. I think my dad got Hendrick's gin as a gift once, and that was pretty good.

Gin is my drink of choice! The Sapphire Bombay was as good as I imagined! I did add some lime halfway and that ruined it for me :(. I used to like lime, but no more. Just pour a shot over ice and I'll sip on evening

I love juniper berries! When I use them I'll eat one.

Reactions: PTree15
I bought someone a bottle of gin for a present last Christmas. It seems to be a popular drink with millennials.

Reactions: Val
I bought someone a bottle of gin for a present last Christmas. It seems to be a popular drink with millennials.
In the U.S., I have read that beer sales have been declining (except for craft beers), while hard liquor sales are up. I also heard on NPR recently that cocktail parties are enjoying a bit of a revival. I remember my parents going to such parties when I was a kid.

I have only tasted approximately 10 gins that are on the following link.

Some others that I have tasted do not appear on the list. Oxley and surprisingly Gordon's Pink gin are amongst my favourites. Hendricks and Plymouth and Tanquaray which can be found in major supermarkets are also good value for money.
My latest find is an Irish gin ; Wild Burrow which is slow distilled and enhanced with botanicals from Rabbit Island, West Cork. Why do I like it ? Because it has that pronounced juniper taste and is enhanced with botanicals that have that ocean breeze to them, perhaps citrus, wild garlic, fennel and coriander.

I'm not a fan of Gordon's (except their pink gin) or Blue Sapphire as the botanicals are not to my taste.

review Archive | the GIN is IN

This affordable Irish Gin has been named BEST in Ireland

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
I'm not really that keen on gin, it's okay, but not really my thing.

I really hate the taste of tonic water as well.:yuck:

I'm not really that keen on gin, it's okay, but not really my thing.

I really hate the taste of tonic water as well.:yuck:

Have you ever tried flavoured gins ? I have tried rhubarb & ginger and also berry infused gin served with lemonade. :D

I was amazed by all the different types of gin that Sainsbury's and Asda stock, when I was visiting in July. Unbelievable ! o_O

When I was in Brighton, I would often buy a can of G&T from both Sainsbury's and M&S. It was a perfect cocktail for £1.

Lidl also have 2 (award winning) gins ; Hortus (London) and Wild Burrow (Ireland) gins which are both excellent.

lidl gin