Games:PC or real life-Vegan?

VeganAnon

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So when playing computer RPGS (I may be slightly addicted to the Dragon Age and Mass Effect and Cyberpunk 2077 games), I never have a problem killing people but animals always give me pause. And the food, especially if you play a MMORPG, is almost always meat. Quests to hunt down animals, skin them, take their meat. Etc. I tend to rationalize by if I was actually living in that setting, vegan may not be an option and being a programmed game it isn't programmed for all variables such as rather kill the townsfolk than those poor bears, giant spiders or wolves. Wondering how others feel?

And then if you play pen and paper RPGS, like dungeon and dragons, do you always play as a vegan character? We are playing different people and hell I don't always play as gay and in real life I wouldn't kill someone for .....pretty much any reason if I could avoid it. My roommate is starting up a new campaign and I'm thinking do I play vegan or just as a person in that world this time? (often I have to DM and the players are never confronted with wild creatures oddly.......lots of evil humans).

Not a major thing but thought might be a lighter topic than some we've had recently and something I do think about.

Reactions: IC_ and Ahimsa
I'll make my sims vegetarian.
When it comes to other games, I can be violent. I don't usually play games that kill animals specifically, it's usually people or creatures.
I feel bad about killing them, but it is just a game and doesn't mean I'm going to do it in real life, nor do I want to.
There are games that have no killing, but if you only play those games then you'd be very limited. You wouldn't be able to play pvp at all.