Freya the Walrus killed

Tom L.

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian

A female walrus recently strayed southward from her usual haunts for some reason. The authorities warned people to stay away from her, since far too often, either the animals or humans (or both) end up getting hurt when wild animals and humans interact. Too many stupid DUMB **** people ignored the directives, and Freya (as the walrus was named by her followers) paid the price. :mad::mad::confounded::broken_heart:

I'm super annoyed with my homeland and it's embarrassing to be Norwegian now. I might just start telling people I'm Swedish ...!

And actually, my own home town (in Norway) also murdered a walrus just a few years ago. That decision was just taken at the local level by the trigger happy wildlife management team after just a few days. This was the same team who decided to murder an elk who went on a walkabout into town, except they missed at first and almost shot a woman inside a building instead.

Freya had visited a number of other countries around the North Sea, all with larger populations than Norway. But no, in Norway wildlife management is done with a rifle. Always.

Freya has a Wikipedia article: