Cook food for less!

I'm in the U.S.

I have a friend in Great Britain who has posted a lot about the extreme energy prices there. So extreme, the cost of electricity for cooking their food is a serious issue for many British people. It is so bad, that someone became a hero by starting an organization to gather together old crock pots/slow cookers to give away to cash strapped people so they can afford to eat.

I think that British activist chose crockpots for the greater diversity of quality (nutrition) meals crockpots could make, their convenience, and their ubiquitous nature. He could find a lot of used ones by people donating them or buying them en masse for very little money.

I'm in the U.S.

I have a friend in Great Britain who has posted a lot about the extreme energy prices there. So extreme, the cost of electricity for cooking their food is a serious issue for many British people. It is so bad, that someone became a hero by starting an organization to gather together old crock pots/slow cookers to give away to cash strapped people so they can afford to eat.
Hiya BW, it's horrible here in the UK regarding energy costs. I wish we like many other European countries had retained ownership of our amenities. I love that there are people out there doing stuff like that, it's how it should be x

also using an oven air fryer uses less energy (I assume), since we bought it we have used our full size oven maybe two or three times

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Hi Emma, yes you are right to assume that Air Fryers use less energy. I mean even if you factor in how quickly they heat up. I never bother waiting for it to come up to temperature and I nearly always cut time off the recommended cook time too. The one I have has shelves and a rotisserie basket for doing wedges/fries etc I love it x

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC